Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide vs. 2010 Victory Cross Country (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13925-2010-harley-davidson-road-glide-vs-2010-victory-cross-country.html)

MOKE1K 12-23-2009 03:44 PM

I imagine for its time, and in its prime, for what else was out their, it wasn't that bad. By todays standards I agree, but way back then?

roadhamr 12-23-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230693)
"Funny how much HD types love to hate Victory."

I just quoted a fact. How is that 'hating Victory'? They don't sell. With all that 'superior technology' you tell me why they don't sell. I already know why.

longride it is the way you roll. you are a super fan.
i love hockey, and i follow the toronto maple leafs, but i can tell you they suck. i will openly discuss their problems.
you need to admit that harley has problems and be able to discuss those problems openly and without getting your back up. you defend the motor company without actually knowing what you are talking about.
you have never ridden a victory or even looked at one very closely. i can tell by the massive amount of ignorance you display about their obvious technical superiority.

roadhamr 12-23-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 230699)
I imagine for its time, and in its prime, for what else was out their, it wasn't that bad. By todays standards I agree, but way back then?


a bike is best evaluated at it's 10yr bday. did the design stand up? does the technology used stand up? is the bike still relevant?
this is one of the things that makes harley davidson so strong. their designs stand up over time.
the yamaha didnt get the kind of engineering it should have right fromt he start. take a look at a goldwing from the same era. night and day.

The_AirHawk 12-23-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhamr (Post 230701)
longride it is the way you roll. you are a super fan.
i love hockey, and i follow the toronto maple leafs, but i can tell you they suck. i will openly discuss their problems.
you need to admit that harley has problems and be able to discuss those problems openly and without getting your back up. you defend the motor company without actually knowing what you are talking about.
you have never ridden a victory or even looked at one very closely. i can tell by the massive amount of ignorance you display about their obvious technical superiority.

KPaul, is that YOU?

longride 12-23-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 230705)
KPaul, is that YOU?


No, it's the guy that 'loves all bikes' supposedly. He's just another disgruntled Victory buyer that has to discuss all the problems of Harley, while never discussing the fact that he is riding a Harley copy that doesn't sell from a company that wouldn't exist if Harley didn't make all this relevant years ago. These guys are dime-o-doz.

longride 12-23-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhamr (Post 230701)
longride it is the way you roll. you are a super fan.
i love hockey, and i follow the toronto maple leafs, but i can tell you they suck. i will openly discuss their problems.
you need to admit that harley has problems and be able to discuss those problems openly and without getting your back up. you defend the motor company without actually knowing what you are talking about.
you have never ridden a victory or even looked at one very closely. i can tell by the massive amount of ignorance you display about their obvious technical superiority.


You still ain't explained why Victorys don't sell. Let's discuss that one. I guess you already know why eh?

The_AirHawk 12-23-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230708)
You still ain't explained why Victorys don't sell. Let's discuss that one. I guess you already know why eh?

It's that "Victory Mystique", iddn't it?

I tells ya' - if onlius someone would come out with a pre-packaged "Victory Lifestyle" complete with Arlen Ness-Signature T-Shirts, keychains, Coffee-Mugs, and Ford F-150s; a Man could really buy-into it.

longride 12-23-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 230709)
It's that "Victory Mystique", iddn't it?


I wouldn't know. I'm massively ignorant in the face of superior technology!

seruzawa 12-23-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230711)
I wouldn't know. I'm massively ignorant in the face of superior technology!

I'm not sure what any supposed "technological superiority" is supposed to mean in a bike segment that doesn't demand sportbike like performance. You can have a 100 hp bike that's used to cruise the interstates at 80 mph or you can have a 60hp bike that's used to cruise the interstate at 80mph. In all these cases you are still cruising the interstate at 80mph and whether you have .6hp per pound or .8 hp per pound you are still easy meat for the next guy on a Hayabusa.

How about just riding?

longride 12-23-2009 05:06 PM

"How about just riding?"

Pretty much. I love how someone that is riding an air cooled V-Twin talking about superior technology. Quite a laugh really. Cruisers aren't a numbers game, and never will be. Those that try to make it into one just dont' get it. Making one that has a few more horsepower and a half inch lower seat and the bags are an inch bigger guarantees nothing. It's all about look and feel, and Harley covered those bases about 40 years ago. Just go buy what you like and ride it. The day you have to justify what you bought by talking about the problems of the 'other guy' means it's time for you to go buy the 'other guy's' bike.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 PM.