Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide vs. 2010 Victory Cross Country (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13925-2010-harley-davidson-road-glide-vs-2010-victory-cross-country.html)

Buzglyd 12-18-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230412)
"Why HDs don't come standard with an oil cooler I'll never figure out. How about some more cooling fin area on those jugs? After 100 years of air cooled engine experience you'd think they'd be better at it."

Yeah, boy you sure got Harley on that one! They will ship about 225,000 motorcycles this year and Victory will ship about 10,000, if that. Victory really put it over on em, didn't they?

Dude, it's got an oil cooler man. An OIL COOLER!

longride 12-18-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 230413)
Dude, it's got an oil cooler man. An OIL COOLER!

Yeah, I gotta go get me one if them so I can be just like Victory!:rolleyes:

stephen McCullen 12-18-2009 05:31 PM

Don't buy Victory Brand

Don't buy a Victory. I currently own a 2008 victory kingpin and have had nothing but troubles with it. Support to fix my current problem is not there and I even have an extended warranty. Don't concern yourselves with "American made" either. A lot of the pieces I have taken off the bike are made in Japan (ie. the bracket that holds the speedometer). If you would like more details, let me know.

seruzawa 12-18-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230412)
"Why HDs don't come standard with an oil cooler I'll never figure out. How about some more cooling fin area on those jugs? After 100 years of air cooled engine experience you'd think they'd be better at it."

Yeah, boy you sure got Harley on that one! They will ship about 225,000 motorcycles this year and Victory will ship about 10,000, if that. Victory really put it over on em, didn't they?

Actually, they are going to ship maybe 4,000 bikes world wide this year.

sarnali2 12-18-2009 10:13 PM

As it happens I have an oil cooler on my 96 incher.....you know for those blistering 65 degree summer days

newagetwotone 12-19-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen McCullen (Post 230418)
Don't concern yourselves with "American made" either. A lot of the pieces I have taken off the bike are made in Japan (ie. the bracket that holds the speedometer). If you would like more details, let me know.

And Harleys dont? LAWL

Isnt the goldwing still made in the US? i remember being told once that the goldwing has more made in america parts than most harleys do... big effin' deal.

And idk i think the harley looks sort of boxy and 80's-rific..... i honestly think the victory looks better. I AM surprised that more people aren't here 1 posting kicking and screaming about how much harley is better than everything else, these type of threads seem to bring out the boneheads.

seruzawa 12-19-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 230456)
And Harleys dont? LAWL

Isnt the goldwing still made in the US? i remember being told once that the goldwing has more made in america parts than most harleys do... big effin' deal.

And idk i think the harley looks sort of boxy and 80's-rific..... i honestly think the victory looks better. I AM surprised that more people aren't here 1 posting kicking and screaming about how much harley is better than everything else, these type of threads seem to bring out the boneheads.

When you're the best you don't have to make a big deal about it. It's the pretenders and wannabes who have to engage in the antics.

Kevin_Duke 12-19-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen McCullen (Post 230418)
Don't buy a Victory. I currently own a 2008 victory kingpin and have had nothing but troubles with it. Support to fix my current problem is not there and I even have an extended warranty. Don't concern yourselves with "American made" either. A lot of the pieces I have taken off the bike are made in Japan (ie. the bracket that holds the speedometer). If you would like more details, let me know.

If you truly have had nothing but trouble with your Vic, you're in a small minority. Vics have been exceptionally reliable.

And, as NATT points out, there are several components on Harleys that aren't made in America, such as the Italian brakes and Japanese suspension. It's a global economy...

newagetwotone 12-19-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 230458)
It's a global economy...

Thank you.

I remember when i was about 10 years old my dad saying "I wont buy anything thats not american, Hrmph."

Even my stubborn father has changed his tune.

longride 12-19-2009 02:23 PM

"i remember being told once that the goldwing has more made in america parts than most harleys"

And you believed that?