Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #331
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Are you insulted? What was it that insulted you?
Oh yay. Now we get an argument... about the argument.

With this site around I need never be married again.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline  

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #332
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

It most certainly was an insult and you know it, assuming people (by analogy) "ride the short bus" and are "retards" because they don't agree that your Victory is "best"?

As I said there's really no point in arguing with someone who's too stupid to realize that different bikes work better for different people depending on their riding enviroment, there is no one size fits all motorcycle despite your slavish insistance to the contrary. Here's another clue for you dumb f*ck (that was an insult, by the way...) the fact that Mr. Duke felt the Victory won the comparison has no practicle application to anyone other than Mr.Duke, to wit: he's half my size, probably more skilled in performance riding and doesn't ride in the same enviroment that I do. What possible relevance would that have on my decision on which bike to buy?

I buy bikes based on what works best for me in the type of riding I plan on doing. As I've said I think Victories are nice enough bikes however they don't have an application that would work for me as well as my plain jane FLHT does. That doesn't mean I think Harleys are best for everyone, only that they are best for me in my particular circumstance at this time.

Unfortunately you can't seem to get that fact through your head and like every other squid assume that performance numbers mean anything to anyone except you and your fellow newbies and commandos (that would be another insult)....especially when you're comparing touring bikes and cruisers. Comfort and luggage capacity are the criteria most touring riders worry about and crusiers seem to be obsessed with how close the bike can be to a Harley with actually buying one.

And since as you say there are more muslims than christians they must be right.....how do you know they're not? Did God come down and tell you that Christianity is the only true faith? if he did then that makes you pretty special don't it?...puts you right up there with the Mullahs and TV preachers whom God seems to speak to on a fairly regular basis.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #333
Larry
Founding Member
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
It most certainly was an insult and you know it, assuming people (by analogy) "ride the short bus" and are "retards" because they don't agree that your Victory is "best"?
My jaw is a little sore from you jamming words in my mouth. If I wanted to insult you there would be no doubt in your mind you were being insulted. I didn't say you rode the short bus or that you are retarded.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
the fact that Mr. Duke felt the Victory won the comparison has no practicle application to anyone other than Mr.Duke, to wit: he's half my size, probably more skilled in performance riding and doesn't ride in the same enviroment that I do. What possible relevance would that have on my decision on which bike to buy?
Perhaps someone like him could have some relevant input? If the article isn't relevant why read it and post so many comments about it?



Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I buy bikes based on what works best for me in the type of riding I plan on doing.
As does everyone else. Do you decide this objectively? Is it possible that the Victory is the bike for some people? When someone points out something that a Victory does better than a Harley, why does that chaffe your ass so bad?



Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Unfortunately you can't seem to get that fact through your head and like every other squid assume that performance numbers mean anything to anyone except you and your fellow newbies and commandos (that would be another insult)....especially when you're comparing touring bikes and cruisers. Comfort and luggage capacity are the criteria most touring riders worry about and crusiers seem to be obsessed with how close the bike can be to a Harley with actually buying one.
Typical. You can't come up with an argument against what I say, so you attack the person instead of the argument.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
And since as you say there are more muslims than christians they must be right.....how do you know they're not? Did God come down and tell you that Christianity is the only true faith? if he did then that makes you pretty special don't it?...puts you right up there with the Mullahs and TV preachers whom God seems to speak to on a fairly regular basis.
I'm atheist. It was AN ANALOGY used to make a point. Evidently you internalize everything said on here to be all about you.
__________________
Victory Kingpin
110" Stroker/Big bore
126 HP/134 TQ -- SAE
11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile
Larry is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #334
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'John View Post
you can't sell jesus to muslims.

JJ
You take Klazy Ken Seminar you sell Jesus to Muslim! You sell Ice to Eskimo! Who you think got "Jews for Jesus" going, **** Cheney? In my seminar you learn secrets of selling make you Million Dollar.. Fast-Easy- Fun! Way, KLAZY KEN WAY!!

Coming soon to a Fairfield Inn near you.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #335
A Star Ride
Registered Member
 
A Star Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: central Va
Posts: 1,126
Default

Alot of good points from Sarnail2 this horse is dead. I choose based on my needs & wants & price and what I came across in my bike search. Theres something about a Harley that makes it automatically add 30% value in some peoples opinions. Without that price difference, I may have ended up having one, I think the Vic's are a bit pricey too. At least with HD theres a history and unmatched support to try to substanciate the price difference. I don't do alot of customizong, etc so that diddnt carry a big value to me.
__________________
White Trash Hick from Appalachia
A Star Ride is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #336
A Star Ride
Registered Member
 
A Star Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: central Va
Posts: 1,126
Default

[quote=Kenneth_Moore;231762]You take Klazy Ken Seminar you sell Jesus to Muslim! You sell Ice to Eskimo! Who you think got "Jews for Jesus" going, **** Cheney? In my seminar you learn secrets of selling make you Million Dollar.. Fast-Easy- Fun! Way, KLAZY KEN WAY!!

Coming soon to a Fairfield Inn near you.[/QUOTE

Can you sell a ketsup popsicle to a lady in white gloves?
__________________
White Trash Hick from Appalachia
A Star Ride is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #337
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
The surveying I refer to is done by a third party (JD Power), not Victory. The scores are compared in relation to all OEMs. That's certainly more objective than most posts on this thread!
An opinion about a product isn't an objective anything. I do agree that it is more objective than most of the posts on this thread. I'm also happy you can't blame the results of this mess on me this time!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #338
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
you can't blame the results of this mess on me this time!
Give it time. The year is young!
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #339
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Give it time. The year is young!
Don't worry, I won't be holding anything back. Hear from your hero Algore yet? I wonder where he has been keeping himself thse days?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline  
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #340
Jammin'John
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tug Hill Plateau
Posts: 36
Wink CrossRoads

I like the CrossRoads better than the CrossCountry.
I like the ElectraGlide better than the RoadKing.
I like that the CrossRoads has bigger saddlebags with a better inside shape than the ElectraGlide.
There is a lot of wasted space because of the odd shape of the inside of the ElectraGlide bags.
I looked at the 'Glide and the bags didn't impress me so I passed it by.
BOTH bikes are nice.

JJ
Jammin'John is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off