Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #111
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Dont agree, sorry Seruzawa the Japanese are after technology and rarely worry themselves with parts that are interchangable for the bikes they built way back when.

Harley has cornered the market with that concept which is fine and also the reason I probably will never own a Harley.

As a customer I want more than just interchangable parts from 1940. I want technology, more than what Harley offers. Truthfully I dont think they are junk, nor the Japanese bikes. They are just two different methods to building motorcycles. Sure Harley has alot of technology now, but the Japanese are usually the first ones with that technology.
Okay, then the Japanese need to put all the fancy EBS Brembo stuff on their bikes so they can catch up with Harley. LOL!

Just kidding. It's hard to find a crappy motorcycle unless it is made in China or longride owns it!
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline  

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #112
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Default

It's hard to find a crappy motorcycle unless it is made in China or longride owns it!


Hehehehehehehe
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #113
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
It's hard to find a crappy motorcycle unless it is made in China or longride owns it!


Hehehehehehehe
newagetwotone is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #114
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Sounds like sarnali is crapping to his bike up too with valve burning megaphones. It's sad to see perfectly good motorcycles suffer so in the hands of those two barbarians.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #115
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Cool Worst thing ya can do is let her sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Sounds like sarnali is crapping to his bike up too with valve burning megaphones. It's sad to see perfectly good motorcycles suffer so in the hands of those two barbarians.
Who's suffering? Isnt yours the one thats got a cold right now?
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #116
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Cool What ever makes you feel bigger,...NAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #117
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Who's suffering? Isnt yours the one thats got a cold right now?
I think they are actually hibernating.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #118
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Crapping up indeed.....I told Moke to get the megs...who cares if he burns a valve. I'm getting genuine Police Issue performance pipes from D&D, guaranteed to increase power, reduce noise and give one a sense of moral superiority as if I need any help with that...
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #119
roadhamr
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: kawartha lakes ontario, canada
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
How exactly is seamless closed loop EFI, Catalyitic converters, Brembo ABS, air suspension, throttle by wire, six speed transmissions, electronic cruise control, virtually maintenance free engineering, best in the business paint, chrome, fit and finish, tubeless radials and an unlimited 2 year warranty "technologically inferior" to anyone?
these are all great acheivements for harley. the efi system has been around for 25 years and has been used successfully in everything from cars to atvs before harley started to use it. catalytic converters are a neccesity because of sticking with aor cooling and have been in the automotive world for 25 years at least.brembo brakes, great stuff! made by another company. air suspension has been on bikes for alot of years. old tech for sure. throttle by wire is certainly not new tech either and has been used successfully in bikes for years now by the japanese. 6 speed tranny, no big thing. japanese in the 80's. electronic cruise, again the japanese long time ago. harley has come along way and build a very good product for what it is. there are deficiencies in all designs and harley's typically center around performance issues. there has been improvements and hopefully the victory will push them to take it even further.
discussing any topic sometimes can ruffle feathers but efforts must be made to remove emotions from the discussion and try to deal with facts.
roadhamr is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #120
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhamr View Post
these are all great acheivements for harley. the efi system has been around for 25 years and has been used successfully in everything from cars to atvs before harley started to use it. catalytic converters are a neccesity because of sticking with aor cooling and have been in the automotive world for 25 years at least.brembo brakes, great stuff! made by another company. air suspension has been on bikes for alot of years. old tech for sure. throttle by wire is certainly not new tech either and has been used successfully in bikes for years now by the japanese. 6 speed tranny, no big thing. japanese in the 80's. electronic cruise, again the japanese long time ago. harley has come along way and build a very good product for what it is. there are deficiencies in all designs and harley's typically center around performance issues. there has been improvements and hopefully the victory will push them to take it even further.
discussing any topic sometimes can ruffle feathers but efforts must be made to remove emotions from the discussion and try to deal with facts.
So, you want to play that game? All those things were invented and in use long before the Japanese or Victory put them to use. EFI used in aircraft long before any cars. OHC 4 valve engines were invented around 1914. Good thing too that Victory is way ahead of the infallible Japanese manufacturer Yamaha who went back to air-cooled pushrod engines in the Road Star line. So, what's your point?

The Japanese and Victory don't innovate and invent. They copy. This is an admitted failing by Japanese industry itself. Everything you are touting was done before by someone else. You know, maybe Yamaha had a clue. The OHC long stroke narrow V-twin engines are very tall. Maybe pushrods are a viable alternative. Technology for technology's sake is not necessarily a step forward. In any case there is no originality in the cruiser segment. None anywhere. They all look and sound the same. The differences are miniscule and unimportant. People should pick what they like and ride. They'll get about the same experience.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."

Last edited by seruzawa : 12-29-2009 at 10:07 AM.
seruzawa is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off