Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #91
MOKE1K
Registered Member

What does that make me then?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #92
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post

Oh, I'll tell you what it makes you MOKE!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #93
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Bet thats the guy on the Vic that never waves to me after I'v waved countless times at him.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #94
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Actually, I think it makes you a Stand-Up Guy, MOKE.

And so far as a trackday - one of these years I'm gonna have to get down to Jennings and run with the HawkGT and FloriBama guys for the TDTD (Turkey Day Track Day). Missed this year (again!). If I'd had my mind on motos instead of Mustangs this year - I'd have pointed you at them. A sub-$150 day of track hooniness (is that a real word?) would do you good..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #95
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So now me, Seru and YOU are freedom haters? Please let this thread die so this guy can go away?
Wishing that guys you disagree with will leave the forum kinda goes against the idea of a forum, doesn't it? Roadhamr brings up valid points without demonizing those who have different viewpoints. His recollection of the development of the GL1800 might not be spot on, but his distinctions between the RG and the Vic have merit.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #96
roadhamr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Your memory really isn't as good as you think; the Valk (and Rune) were both "thought experiments" that Honda designers conceived WELL after the "new Goldwing" was on the market. Aimed at a completely different segment than the 'Wing (the now long-in-the-tooth "touring leader").

Unfortunately, neither sold well at all because Honda had by then forgotten everything it ever knew about marketing a bike(quirky ideas and styling aside).

That's why the Valk and Ruin are both at the top of Honda's Sales Charts, and you can't ride anywhere on one without seein' yourself coming the other way.............
really the 1800 was out in circulation before the valyrie was released? the valkyrie came out in 1997, the interstate 1999. the gl1800 came out in 2001 when the valkyrie interstate was dropped. the rune was an experiment and was in limited numbers here in canada. the valkyrie actually sold very well here in canada. i personnally sold alot of them. in all of the models, custom, touring and interstate. the end of production was 2003. the valkyrie was also about using up stock of gl1500 cores that honda had.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #97
roadhamr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So now me, Seru and YOU are freedom haters? Please let this thread die so this guy can go away?
no one has referred to you as a freedom hater. not me not anyone in this thread. i know now you disguise your ignorance of all things outside of the harley sphere with crap like that. too bad the light is beginning to shine into your world it seems you prefer the dark like a mushroom.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #98
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Roadhamr brings up valid points without demonizing those who have different viewpoints."

And I brought up pleny of valid points without demonizing anyone either. So what. Then again, this quote isn't so cool eh?

"i know now you disguise your ignorance of all things outside of the harley sphere with crap like that."

" His recollection of the development of the GL1800 might not be spot on.."

Not 'spot on'?? How about 'completely and utterly wrong'?

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the thread really needs to die. It stopped being interesting about 3 days ago.

Last edited by longride : 12-27-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #99
seruzawa
The Toad

So, all these cruiser threads seem to go like this. A cruiser is tested. Someone jumps in calling HDs junk. Which only exposes their ignorance. Someone else calls Metric Cruisers copies of HD's which is true in a sense but misses the fact that cruisers and choppers were invented by users and that HD built the superglide to profit off of that market. Then people keep slanging back and forth, no one proving anything but only striving to be right. Good job.

How about going riding instead?

And someone throw longride some raw steak while they're at it.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #100
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Someone jumps in calling HDs junk. Which only exposes their ignorance."

I just want to go on the record that I never said this, although it is pretty much 'spot on'.
Maybe if you quit hating freedom Seru, you might be right once in a while. Consider it.