Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Motorcycle GPS Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13909-motorcycle-gps-review.html)

Administrator 12-15-2009 02:04 PM

Motorcycle GPS Review

Original Article:
Motorcycle GPS Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle GPS Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 12-15-2009 07:06 PM

Great article!

I've been lusting after a R2, but the issues you bring out, plus the price, keep me waiting for a better (and cheaper?) alternative.

So I soldier on, with my 'massaged' TomTom ONE 3rd Ed.. I siliconed the 'traffic' port to waterproof the unit at least a bit. Mounted with a RAM, it works fine as a nav display. I cannot hear it, but that's okay.

seruzawa 12-16-2009 06:12 AM

I guess I'll just keep my old school GPS made of paper in my tank bag.

longride 12-16-2009 06:18 AM

When I'm on a bike, I don't really care where I am, much less the exact location. I don't need a cell phone, GPS, Bluetooth heads-up-display, etc. I ride to get away from all that shyt!

seruzawa 12-16-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 230143)
When I'm on a bike, I don't really care where I am, much less the exact location. I don't need a cell phone, GPS, Bluetooth heads-up-display, etc. I ride to get away from all that shyt!

What? You don't need to maintain constant 3-way communication with your stock broker and accessories dealer? You do own a Harley, right?

The next big thing for bikes will probably be a large display texting touchpad and 15" LED TV with satellite link. BMW owners will need those so that they have something to do while waiting for their canbus computer to be reset after the fuel pump shuts down again.

longride 12-16-2009 06:27 AM

"What? You don't need to maintain constant 3-way communication with your stock broker and accessories dealer? You do own a Harley, right?"

Ok, I do have the number to the Bat Phone at my accessories dealer, but that's it!

sarnali2 12-16-2009 07:54 AM

That's strange, here in the Democratic Peoples Republic of Washington they have these green things by the side of the road called "signs" that tell you where you are, some of them are white with numbers on them......those are pretty useful, specialy when used in conjunction with "maps".

pushrod 12-16-2009 08:38 AM

Yeah, yeah...

Scoff if you will, but don't ask me to tell you where the nearest Dairy Queen is when you get a jones on for a Blizzard!

bestforum 12-16-2009 12:58 PM

Very good article,I like it.Can we make friend?:cool:

sarnali2 12-16-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestforum (Post 230186)
Very good article,I like it.Can we make friend?:cool: bestpriceuggs.com

uhhh, no. Sorry.........