Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Brain Freeze

Thanks to an exciting new technology, motorcyclists can avoid death or brain damage by cooling their head immediately after an accident. When a severe blow to the head occurs, the brain heats up and can literally cook inside the helmet. Watch this gory video for details:

Thermahelm - Brain Cooling Helmet Technology

The manufacturers say riding without their technology is "like driving without airbags." Probably not the metaphor I'd use, but..

However, there are some other, equally useful applications for the system:

You're totally hung over and have to go to work. Just before you get on your bike, you take a baseball bat and WHANG the helmet as hard as you can with a pipe. By the time you get to work, you're good to go.

It's 90 in the shade, you're stuck in traffic, you're ready to shoot the next cager who cuts you off. WHANG!! Instead of getting home hot, tired, and crabby, you're fresh as a daisy.

The beer is hot, and so are you. Pile a few cans in the helmet and slap it against the nearest wall. In a few minutes you're enjoying a cold one.

Thermahelm ROCKS!!!!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
pplassm
Founding Member

I'll just buy a Slurpee and drink it REAL FAST!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"When a severe blow to the head occurs, the brain heats up and can literally cook inside the helmet...."

That statement ranks up there with the biggest lies ever told. Since I have been through many classes in my F.D. days with many of the best neurosurgeons in the Chicago area, it is funny how they never mentioned that the brain 'heats up' when it is injured. More BS to sell some stupid BS product.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"When a severe blow to the head occurs, the brain heats up and can literally cook inside the helmet...."

That statement ranks up there with the biggest lies ever told. Since I have been through many classes in my F.D. days with many of the best neurosurgeons in the Chicago area, it is funny how they never mentioned that the brain 'heats up' when it is injured. More BS to sell some stupid BS product.
So, when someone is injured in a bike accident if they aren't wearing this fantastic new device then bystanders must be encouraged to pull the rider's helmet off immediately!

That's the logical extension of this company's claims. These frauds belong in jail.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post

Did you not watch the Scientific Flash Animation Video? Did you not see how the one brain turned all red and flashy, and the other brain (with Thermahelm) was nice and blue? DAMN YOU MAN, HAVE YOU NO UNDERSTANDING OF BASIC SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES??? RED IS BAD! BLUE IS GOOD!!!
I'll bet the Anacin commercials that showed the pills rolling down the cartoon guy's throat and then sending squiggly arrows up to his headache just went right over your head, didn't they?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Guess some folks just can't be educated eh?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Did you not watch the Scientific Flash Animation Video? Did you not see how the one brain turned all red and flashy, and the other brain (with Thermahelm) was nice and blue? DAMN YOU MAN, HAVE YOU NO UNDERSTANDING OF BASIC SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES??? RED IS BAD! BLUE IS GOOD!!!
I'll bet the Anacin commercials that showed the pills rolling down the cartoon guy's throat and then sending squiggly arrows up to his headache just went right over your head, didn't they?
When my brain is injured I use Mama Roux's Patented Brain Injury Poultice now fortified with supersecret ingredient XBY7Z!

My financial adviser uses only the best Sicilian hare intestines to divine stock trends.

I still have 25 bottles of Slick50 treatment (as seen on TV!) for use in all my future vehicles.

I'm the perfect candidate for the FANTASTIC ALL NEW SCIENTIFICALLY DESIGNED AND VERIFIED BY UNDISCLOSED INDEPENDENT LABORATORIES THERMOHELM!

Last edited by seruzawa : 12-08-2009 at 08:51 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote