Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"i have ridden a street glide a road glide and a vision and there is a large difference."

Yeah, the Vision is the ugliest motorcycle ever made, with the Street Glide being one of the nicest.

" the victory has tons more power! it handles extremely well for a big bike. it has great brakes.'

So does a Hayabusa. More power than both put together as a matter of fact, and handles better than either one too. Go buy one.

"if you guys dont htink harley sees them in their rear view then you are crazy."

I think that's EXACTLY where they see them.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Cross Roads and Cross Country have the same cams as Vision."

Good thing they didn't end up with the same looks!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #23
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I'm not a spec expert but don't harley have like 30 models with 3 engines? 2 of those engines may have the same cam to boot
Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #24
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I've been trying to convince myself for awhile that I'm NOT one of "those Harley guys"and that my next bagger would not be a Harley. My 97 Geezer Glide is getting tired and Im looking at buying my next (likely last) new dresser(if I can get the bucks together). Since i'm not doing much long two up touring anymore, I am thinking about downscaling a little bit from my Ultra and this bike hits right square in my sites. But....for some reason ,when stacked up against the Street Glide and Road Glide this bike just dont do it for me visually and I cant see major differences functionally....If the evo power satisfies me,I dont think I will find the twin cam lacking and from test rides, the handling of the glides is much improved. Oh well, I guess i'm one of "those Harley guys" after all;after 41 years I guess I'm just hopelessly addicted.
If you are happy with your Glide, you'll be thrilled by the Harley's new frame and more powerful motor. However, the Vic is also very impressive. I think it looks better in person than in pics. One of the good things about Vic is that demo rides are often available from dealers. I'd be very interested to hear what you say about the Cross Country if you took one for a test ride.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #25
Neal
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
If you are happy with your Glide, you'll be thrilled by the Harley's new frame and more powerful motor. However, the Vic is also very impressive. I think it looks better in person than in pics. One of the good things about Vic is that demo rides are often available from dealers. I'd be very interested to hear what you say about the Cross Country if you took one for a test ride.
The closest dealer didnt have one when I dropped by. A friend of mine who has a Vegas is planning to buy a Cross Roads and if I dont test ride a Cross Country first,I'll get to ride his. And you may well be right about seeing one in person.....the Vision looked better in person...if not before,I may see one at the DC show in Jan. I'm afraid though that HD just maybe too ingrained in me...that red Street glide has me salivating.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #26
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
The closest dealer didnt have one when I dropped by. A friend of mine who has a Vegas is planning to buy a Cross Roads and if I dont test ride a Cross Country first,I'll get to ride his. And you may well be right about seeing one in person.....the Vision looked better in person...if not before,I may see one at the DC show in Jan. I'm afraid though that HD just maybe too ingrained in me...that red Street glide has me salivating.
Let us know how it goes. We were impressed with the Cross Country even though we're fans of the Street/Road Glides.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #27
Anubis
Founding Member

Default Sand Cast Aluminum Frame?

I have no background in materials, other than basic high school stuff, but doesn't anyone else get the willies by the mention of a sand-cast, aluminum frame?
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #28
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I have no background in materials, other than basic high school stuff, but doesn't anyone else get the willies by the mention of a sand-cast, aluminum frame?
Sand casting has been around forever, also for engine cases. The component is made only of aluminum alloy. The sand part only applies to the mold. Hope that quells your willies!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #29
roadhamr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"i have ridden a street glide a road glide and a vision and there is a large difference."

Yeah, the Vision is the ugliest motorcycle ever made, with the Street Glide being one of the nicest.

" the victory has tons more power! it handles extremely well for a big bike. it has great brakes.'

So does a Hayabusa. More power than both put together as a matter of fact, and handles better than either one too. Go buy one.

"if you guys dont htink harley sees them in their rear view then you are crazy."

I think that's EXACTLY where they see them.
dude get out of the house more! everywhere i go i see cruisers and not so many of them are harleys anymore. lotsa great japanese cruisers and of course the victory. people dont care what you are on anymore. there are the snobs out there that do but no one cares what they think. the harley dressers have barely enough power to get out of their own way. the victory motor is a massive improvement for real world riding. lotsa power, to pass, to play, to do whatever. you can make the harley have that much power i just costs$$$$$$. well the image in the rear view mirror keeps on getting bigger and it aint the mirror pally boy. it is the refusal to have their heads in the sand down at victory.
i dont know why you would get upset it can only make harley make a better bike. just like they have. the frame improvements the engine having more power. do you think these things happened by accident? no they saw how well received the victory is with these attributes and they improved their product. i dont see why you are so narrow minded and afraid of the competition the motor company is not going anywhere.
roadhamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"dude get out of the house more!"

Here we go again. Just want everyone to note I didn't start this one.

"well the image in the rear view mirror keeps on getting bigger and it aint the mirror pally boy."

Really? Where did you get that impression? Reality check.

Victory Motorcycles Sales Down 56% - Cruiser Industry News - Motorcycle USA

"i dont know why you would get upset it can only make harley make a better bike.''

What would I exactly be 'upset' about by pointing out that Polaris has just made two very obvious copies of Harleys? They don't sell for crap because everyone knows what they are. Polaris even mentions Harley in it's ads. The one that seems upset is you. If you want to ride a Harley copy, please do so. No skin off my ass. Just realize exactly what it is, and why it is. Me pointing out the truth hardly qualifies as being 'upset'. And just to prove I'm a fair guy, I actually think the Vision is only the second ugliest bike ever made. How's that for fairness?

Last edited by longride : 12-03-2009 at 04:12 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote