Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #21
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Wow, this must be one of the most congenial threads ever about Harley vs the World! Good job, gang! If a bike puts a smile on your faces, it's a good bike!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Trite

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"At the risk of sounding trite, if you don't want a Harley don't buy one. "

Doesn't sound trite to me.
If this does not sound trite to you, what in God's name does?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
In Utah I've been seeing more and more local city cops running speed traps on the Interstates. Same there?
There's a "local" trap just 5-miles down the highway. They also run it out of their Jurisdiction - I've seen them ticketing on the highway in front of my house, and not any "Hot PURsuit!"(sound of Roscoe laugh), either.

Finkin' Prinks...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Wow, this must be one of the most congenial threads ever about Harley vs the World! Good job, gang! If a bike puts a smile on your faces, it's a good bike!
Just like summoning a demon from the pit. Duke speaks.... Anrajala answers.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #25
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
If this does not sound trite to you, what in God's name does?

- cruiz-euro

Anything that comes out of your mouth.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
I
To say one has a spiritual connection with their machine I would recommend some exposure to the female gender of other forms of counceling.
I

Strictly speaking I'd rather expose my ass to your lips, hardly the point though is it.

Obviously I enjoy a different relationship with my bike than you do with yours, perhaps you lead a more rounded life than I? If my bike got stolen I'd head down to the Harley dealer and buy another one, most likely the same model as that works the best for me in my riding environment. I have also owned a few BMW's before and enjoyed them for the most part however they have become overly complicated in my opinion. There are a couple of others I also like style wise however since the bike is my main transport they wouldn't be practical and I'd wind up driving more. Not something I wish to do. Anyway whatever flips your switch eh? if the YamaStar is it then have a ball on it.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #27
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Strictly speaking I'd rather expose my ass to your lips, hardly the point though is it.

Obviously I enjoy a different relationship with my bike than you do with yours, perhaps you lead a more rounded life than I? If my bike got stolen I'd head down to the Harley dealer and buy another one, most likely the same model as that works the best for me in my riding environment. I have also owned a few BMW's before and enjoyed them for the most part however they have become overly complicated in my opinion. There are a couple of others I also like style wise however since the bike is my main transport they wouldn't be practical and I'd wind up driving more. Not something I wish to do. Anyway whatever flips your switch eh? if the YamaStar is it then have a ball on it.
so, you'd rather have me kiss your ass then what I recommended? ok no need to repeat what I said. They are machines they dont give a damn about us they are mass produced, they are tangible property and don't have feelings and can be replaced. I'm glad you enjoy your bike as do I. If vehicles were a 1 size fits all there wouldnt be 100 models to chose from, there is no "right bike", there are great fits for each of our needs/desires, but usually a few models that will do for each of us in any sutuation

Last edited by A Star Ride : 11-22-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #28
Duken4evr
Founding Member

This thread has been pretty cool, all considered. I would ride with any of you guys. I might know a good road or two also. Some jaw dropping drop dead gorgeous routes here. I need to slow down sometimes and look at them more.

The local LEOs are blanketing the Denver metro area with radar by the way. More disturbingly, I see more Laser. The Passport sometimes picks this up, but most times it does not. It is to the point of ridiculous. Cruise control in the car is a lifesaver. Set it at 60 on the freeway and crawl.

The bike does not do too much freeway time. I admit, it is a weekend toy. It only rides on the good roads

Last edited by Duken4evr : 11-22-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #29
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
so, you'd rather have me kiss your ass then what I recommended? ok no need to repeat what I said. They are machines they dont give a damn about us they are mass produced, they are tangible property and don't have feelings and can be replaced. I'm glad you enjoy your bike as do I. If vehicles were a 1 size fits all there wouldnt be 100 models to chose from, there is no "right bike", there are great fits for each of our needs/desires, but usually a few models that will do for each of us in any sutuation

I found your advice/comment both condescending and insulting, that's the reason for my response. I'm not quite delusional enough to ascribe sentient feelings to inanimate objects however I do enjoy a great deal of pleasure from and a feeling of connectedness to my motorcycles. They certainly give me less trouble than the women in my life of late.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #30
A Star Ride
Registered Member

no harm was intended and I agree with the "They certainly give me less trouble than the women in my life of late" enjoy your ride if we werent passionate about them there would be no need to have em
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote