Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
pushrod
Founding Member

... and they clean their ears with a pencil and pick their teeth with a pocketknife!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'll bet you guys smoke while loading ammunition too.
No, but I occasionally light fireworks in the house........ (well, my Cousins did when we were teens, anyway! Oh, the Fires we extinguished!)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 11-18-2009 at 11:19 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I store my guns loaded, I'm not sure your average Heathen is going to wait while I unlock and load my pistol or shotgun. I figure the dogs will slow them down enough to make a positive ID before I send them to hell with a stomach ache.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Do you guys keep your indoor-stored gasoline near the old dynamite?

Gasoline stored in basement..... a slight leak will allow the gasoline vapor to fall to the floor and mix with oxygen. Slowly mixture increases in volume and rises until it reaches the pilot light on the water heater. Now the A Star Ride has turned his house into a homemade fuel/air bomb.

Quiz: Will the homeowner's insurance company cover the damage?

Note to MOrons: When riding by A Star Ride's and pplasm's houses carry a handy bag of marshmallows.
I dont know what building codes they use where you are but Im in Va and a friends new constriction townhome has a gas water heater in the garage instlled right next to the engine compartment when you pull in.

and I do carry gas running with scissors while smoking hot coal walking barefoot (........up hill both ways in the snow fighting bears.....)
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #15
A Star Ride
Registered Member

also a guy I know keeps (in his unfinished basement-through french doors) 4 4wheelers 4 dirtbikes, and his new electra glide, his air compressor is between the furnace & water heater and all 9 machines are fuelled, ironically he does keep the extra gascans outside with the mowers
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Do you guys keep your indoor-stored gasoline near the old dynamite?

Gasoline stored in basement..... a slight leak will allow the gasoline vapor to fall to the floor and mix with oxygen. Slowly mixture increases in volume and rises until it reaches the pilot light on the water heater. Now the A Star Ride has turned his house into a homemade fuel/air bomb.

Quiz: Will the homeowner's insurance company cover the damage?

Note to MOrons: When riding by A Star Ride's and pplasm's houses carry a handy bag of marshmallows.
I have a gas water heater in my garage. Should I turn it off and just take cold showers from now on or move all the vehicles outside?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I have a gas water heater in my garage. Should I turn it off and just take cold showers from now on or move all the vehicles outside?
You can't see the difference between a garage with a large vented door and a closed in basement? You'll note that connected garages are always separated from the living quarters by a step that's designed to keep petroleum distillate fumes (heavier than air) from flowing into those living quarters.

But if you want to store gasoline in your house, well, be my guest. Just expect that after the fire and investigation the insurance company won't be paying off. Store loaded guns too. Put them all together with the old dynamite, bleach and ammonia. And run with scissors.... don't forget that.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
also a guy I know keeps (in his unfinished basement-through french doors) 4 4wheelers 4 dirtbikes, and his new electra glide, his air compressor is between the furnace & water heater and all 9 machines are fuelled, ironically he does keep the extra gascans outside with the mowers
That guy isn't me.

Yeah, well the chances are pretty slim that anything will occur. And having a small vent near the ground to the outside would remove the danger of fumes. However if he does have a fire the insurance company will not pay off and the city will write him a fat citation, plus he will be liable for any damages if the fire spreads onto others' property. I will guarantee you that local codes do not allow him to store fueled vehicles in the house proper.

Just make sure that you don't use hollowpoint ammunition against those bears. It tends to flatten on the skin. I recommend .44 300gr Sierra bear busters. don't leave home without them.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
You can't see the difference between a garage with a large vented door and a closed in basement? You'll note that connected garages are always separated from the living quarters by a step that's designed to keep petroleum distillate fumes (heavier than air) from flowing into those living quarters.

But if you want to store gasoline in your house, well, be my guest. Just expect that after the fire and investigation the insurance company won't be paying off. Store loaded guns too. Put them all together with the old dynamite, bleach and ammonia. And run with scissors.... don't forget that.
Mix in some Aquanet hairspray and we got ourselves a redneck 4th of July!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Mix in some Aquanet hairspray and we got ourselves a redneck 4th of July!
Does your having a full garage mean that the laundry appliances are kept on your front porch?