Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
elwinger
Registered Member

Default ((((around The World By Goldwing Gl 1800))))

Hello, Biker:

Today I want to display my Dream, as well as my challenge. I have been persecuting this dream for many years, and at last, I have taken the chance to aim it.
Like all bikers, the motorcycle is my passion. Whenever I mount over my Honda Goldwing, the world disappears around me, just then, I fix my eyes on to the highway, feeling the breeze sliping though my face and staring to all things crossing my way. The sufferings disappear, the bitterness of work then whipes away leaving all daily worries to a second plane. And just being alone there in that world, my bike, myself… and you.

After many years thinking about it, I have finally decided to do it: I am going to travel around the Globe riding a Honda Goldwing GL 1800. And you might be thinking that I am one of so many people that have tried for it. Yes, it is true, but my challenge has one different factor: my budget is going to be of 0 Euros. And how will I strive for it then? It is simple; my challenge is at the same time my company. Note, it is not to make money, but to cost all expenses made by the project. By means of sponsorships, on one hand, and by striving for diverse actions, mainly of advertizing (like the sale of diverse merchandizing ), on the other hand, I hope to have the budget necessary to approach it.

My idea consists of crossing 198 countries from the five continents in the following years. And for it, I will need many things that you will be able to see in detail at my website Bienvenidos a la portada. But there is something I am not able to obtain with traditional means: your aid. That is the most important thing for me. The bikers are known to be comrades and supportive with other bikers, and I know that without your support and collaboration in it, this dream will turn very difficult to achieve.

You may ask yourself how it is possible. It is easy. Perhaps someday I will appear in front of you doorway, tired, sore from many kilometers, dirty, hungry… Anything that you might do in this sense will help. Perhaps, it is just the motorcycle and not me who is tired, sore, dirty or spoiled. Maybe you might want to help me to get rid of the dust, wash the mud worn from the trip or, protect the bike from the rain, the snow or the sun. Perhaps, if you live in the middle of nowhere at 200 kilometers from the nearest mechanic, you may check and test the motor. Perhaps I got out of gasoline, or I punctured a tire… Perhaps you may offer me lodge for some nights at your home, or give me company while we chat, eat something or rest.

Perhaps by just giving me a few cheers, it will be sufficient, or by indicating me a route in a map. Or, why not? , you also could ride your motorcycle side by side some kilometers with me and merging in that peace, those feelings of independence, these wonderful sensations we only perceive onboard of our motorcycle which we cannot describe with words. Any thing.

The project´s website Bienvenidos a la portada where you will obtain information and details of how to contribute and help me. I wont bother you more until next time…

Hugs, Juan Miravete Lopez
Bienvenidos a la portada
elwinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Good Luck....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Get back to us when the acid wears off.