Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
blownbbf
Registered Member

Default Looking for feedback!!

Hey everyone, A friend and I have started a small parts and accessory business and need feedback as we are in the start up phase of going public. We are located in Middle Tn and also have web access at allthingsmotorcycle.com Let us know what we are doing right or wrong as far as price, inventory and service. All feedback is welcome. This site is great.... everyone ride safe!
blownbbf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Apparently your advertising budget is...nothing?

So, I browsed to your site. It's a mess...somebody really has to want to buy something from you to dig through the pages and find it. I tried to find something, anything you might have to fit my Suzuki. After a few minutes I managed to find tires...but nothing else. If you're going to sell parts on the web I suggest you browse over to twistedthrottle.com and see how they do it. In 3-4 clicks I can find every part they sell that fits my bike.

The images and graphics are comic-book looking. The customer stuff is silly...it's a store, not a club. Your prices are about the same as everybody elses from what I saw.

I'm giving you a C.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 10-18-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Its worse than that! its -3!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Guys, at best you get a D in e-commerce. Look at the Motorcycleusa.com Superstore site. That's they way to build pages. Stop being cheap. You're average e-commerce site will cost you a few thousand minimum. If I were in the e biz I would have probably budgeted $5k for a decent web-designer. and expect to pay somewhere in the $300-$500 a month range for a decent web host of you can't do changes yourself. Back to the drawingboard. Also, posting things by catalog is pretty weak. No one cares where it came from. Only that it's the best deal you can give.
Thanks for playing. You're parting gift is a year supply of Van Camps Baked Beans.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Small is right. You will get buried before you even get going. I hope you do this for a hobby.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
SLCUtah
Registered Member

agreed you need to clean up and re-organize your store. Customer service is very important to online buying.
SLCUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
blownbbf
Registered Member

Default Ouch!

Well, Let me pick myself up. I do really appriciate you honest opinion, and is exactly why I am doing this. I am not going to spend a lot on advertisment if the site is hard to navigate or is comic book like. Once again, I appriciate the feedback. I will get with my designer and see what we can make happen. Any specific ideas? Thanks guys!
blownbbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownbbf View Post
Well, Let me pick myself up. I do really appriciate you honest opinion, and is exactly why I am doing this. I am not going to spend a lot on advertisment if the site is hard to navigate or is comic book like. Once again, I appriciate the feedback. I will get with my designer and see what we can make happen. Any specific ideas? Thanks guys!
The beauty of a well designed web site is in cross-referencing your products. You have it broken down by type (tires, exhaust) and by manufacturer. Organizing by mfg is useless unless the buyer already knows exactly what he wants. Your by type layout is just pages of posted photos and descriptions. Again, when I browse a site I want to see what's available for my bike. Even if you broke it down by general catagory it would help, right now replacement parts for old Harleys are right next to sportbike parts.