Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
What is GMP?
Okay, Moke. Think of someone being 10 times as evil and insane as I am and you get a glimpse of the insanity that was KPaul, the self-defined Great Motorcycle Prophet. Though, like Gordon Michael Scallion, if you make a thousand predictions 5 or 6 have to come true and thus you can call yourself a prophet.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I thought the GMP predicted H-D's aging riders would be the problem and they needed to build sporty bikes that appealed to youngsters.

Of course, in the age of Obama, 50% of youngsters are unemployed. I wonder what's happening to 600cc sportbike sales these days?

Moke?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #23
ofreen
Registered Member

I don't log on here for damn near a year, I come back and find out you guys are still talking about Kpaul. Like I said 8 or 10 or so years ago, just ignore him and he'll go away. You guys can't do that, so he is still around. Must be some kind of symbiotic relationship. sheesh

It sucks about Buell, but Harley knows they are in a fight for survival, so I have a hard time blaming them. I like Buells and found them very fun to ride. But was never tempted to buy one. I find it interesting that so many ex-owners sing Buell's praises, yet they are still ex-owners.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofreen View Post
I don't log on here for damn near a year, I come back and find out you guys are still talking about Kpaul. Like I said 8 or 10 or so years ago, just ignore him and he'll go away. You guys can't do that, so he is still around. Must be some kind of symbiotic relationship. sheesh

It sucks about Buell, but Harley knows they are in a fight for survival, so I have a hard time blaming them. I like Buells and found them very fun to ride. But was never tempted to buy one. I find it interesting that so many ex-owners sing Buell's praises, yet they are still ex-owners.
Since you haven't been here you don't know that he shows up whether he's talked about or not.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I don't blame them for the MV sale, what dumb f*cker thought THAT was a good idea? Buell though....I know I like them, I wouldn't say I'll never buy one. Maybe a Ully or something, probably cheap as chips now.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I don't log on here for damn near a year, I come back and find out you guys are still talking about Kpaul. Like I said 8 or 10 or so years ago, just ignore him and he'll go away. You guys can't do that, so he is still around. Must be some kind of symbiotic relationship. sheesh"

Well, go take another year off and see if things change next year.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The guys like a bad itch in an embarrassing place, very difficult to get rid of, then it just crops up somewhere else.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #28
pdad13
Founding Member

Let's be fair about this. H-Ds biggest problems probably have little to do with Buell or MV (although, I also wondered about the MV acquisition). From what I've read, it's that they've been financing customers who couldn't really afford their bikes and trying to support production that is outstripping demand.

Buell was certainly losing money (they only shipped 13,000 bikes last year), but they were still a pretty small operation with about 100 employees and modest production facilities. If you read the press release, it says that H-D is concentrating its resources on the H-D brand, which makes perfect sense. But that doesn't mean H-D will suddenly get well. They've got big problems; they can't afford to continue to invest in Buell and MV and save the core brand, so they have to get rid of them.

And frankly, the whole sales and merchandising strategy for Buell seemed to be all wrong in the first place. I wouldn't go so far as to say that you can't sell an American sportbike, but it appears that you can't sell them the way H-D was doing it.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #29
ofreen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Since you haven't been here you don't know that he shows up whether he's talked about or not.
seruzawa, you are a smart guy so you know what I say is true about ignoring him. But you guys find entertainment value in reacting to him. Which is no sweat, but awhile back, it got so every thread became dominated by those who were joining in on the kpaul gangbang. It got old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Well, go take another year off and see if things change next year.
It's looking like it probably won't! Since I've been shelling out my annual 12 bucks for years to help prop this place up, I'll stick around.

Back on topic. I might change my mind about buying a Buell if they have a fire sale on them. A Firebolt for 5 or 6 grand would almost be justifiable. It is the Buell model that intriques me the most, even though it is the most impractical.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I wouldn't go so far as to say that you can't sell an American sportbike,.."

I would.