Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda VFR1200F Revealed (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13337-2010-honda-vfr1200f-revealed.html)

Administrator 10-08-2009 03:43 AM

2010 Honda VFR1200F Revealed

Original Article:
2010 Honda VFR1200F Revealed

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Honda VFR1200F Revealed in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

bjrieder 10-08-2009 07:10 AM

I have been eagerly awaiting this info before making a decision about buying a 2010 Kawasaki Connie. What I don't see in these pictures are the touring component. Is that pillion seat as uncomfortable as it looks? What about bag location? Where is the wind protection for the hands and arms, and what about adjustable windscreen? The likely elevated price, or gee-whiz tech innovations are irrelevant if the bike is incapable of fulfilling its stated mission which I thought was to be a premier sports tourer. I hope these pics don't tell the whole story.

MOKE1K 10-08-2009 07:18 AM

Glad to see this unit finally come to fruition. The VFR was my first bike.

jmdonald 10-08-2009 08:05 AM

Glad to finally see it

This could be the long distance tourer I have been waiting for. I am very interested in seeing an in depth review of the dual clutch system from MO.The weight seems right for this type of bike.Nice review given what you didn't have to work with.

sarnali2 10-08-2009 08:44 AM

How innovative, a Sports Tourer without bags and wind protection for the riders hands or a decent windshield. Still plenty of gee whizz trickery that no one asked for though, another Honda slam-dunk I'd say...

seruzawa 10-08-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 225567)
How innovative, a Sports Tourer without bags and wind protection for the riders hands or a decent windshield. Still plenty of gee whizz trickery that no one asked for though, another Honda slam-dunk I'd say...

There are bags alright. For only another $2K.

Buzglyd 10-08-2009 08:56 AM

I guess they could add or subtract from this depending upon how they decide to market it.

Look at the BMW K series. The S model can be had with bags but has a smaller fairing than the GT. There is also the naked R model.

Probably sounds nifty. Looks kinda funny though.

seruzawa 10-08-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 225569)
I guess they could add or subtract from this depending upon how they decide to market it.

Look at the BMW K series. The S model can be had with bags but has a smaller fairing than the GT. There is also the naked R model.

Probably sounds nifty. Looks kinda funny though.

It'll have to be seen in person to see if it has the same chintzy plastic look as the ST1300.

Kenneth_Moore 10-08-2009 09:03 AM

The moto journos stood in a 20' circle surrounding the bike, did they? Did Honda give you variable-length sticks to poke at it with?

I wonder if the people who knock the VTEC Interceptors ever had one? I did, and it was a great bike. The VTEC wasn't "clumsy" or "unsettling," it was "fun" and "exciting." It was neat as hell to wind the bike out and then BANG your neck snaps back as the engine takes a big lunge forward. Great stuff if you ask me. Sounded cool as crap too.

Although I've been critical of Honda a lot the past few years, I'm excited about this bike and looking forward to seeing and maybe riding one. I consider it a potentially great alternative to the C14, FJ, and certainly the ST.

Apparently "VFR" still stands for "Very Forking Red."

12er 10-08-2009 09:13 AM

Is that a new Beamer? Looks like Buzz's GT mated with a Versys and then stole the z1000's muffler.