Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #51
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Count me in, two!
Heh heh. I actually own one. Heh heh.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #52
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Talking My Vtec 800 is now a classic !!

There seems to be a lot of Honda haters on this thread. I ride with friends that own everything from Harley's to Ducati's. Whenever we tour and switch bikes for a while I find I like whatever I'm riding. Each bike seems to offer something unique, but I still can't wait to get back on my VFR. For me it's the perfect bike. The Mirrors are crisp at speed. The fuel mileage and range are excellent. It runs on the cheaper regular fuel. Wind protection and comfort are top notch. It does not weigh 750 lbs. It leans around corners without producing sparks. When the Vtec kicks in at 7000 rpm I LOVE the sound. It has a "go directly to jail" top end. In five years it has not broken down, or had pieces fall off by the side of the road. It has cost me ZERO/NADA in repairs. If this is boring or lacks personality give me more. I do not tour with a passenger so their comfort is a non issue for me. I say, like what you ride, and let other people enjoy their choices, except the Harley guy's of course
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #53
ofreen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfiddler View Post
There seems to be a lot of Honda haters on this thread.
I don't hate Honda. Far from it. I have 3 Hondas right now, not counting the generator. It is just that Honda doesn't offer anything in the U.S. that I would buy, at least for street models. Suzuki has a more interesting selection by far.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #54
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Your 800 VFR IS a fantastic bike. It's just slower, heaver, and costs more than all the other sport bikes out there. Nothing wrong with that really.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #55
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfiddler View Post
There seems to be a lot of Honda haters on this thread. I ride with friends that own everything from Harley's to Ducati's. Whenever we tour and switch bikes for a while I find I like whatever I'm riding. Each bike seems to offer something unique, but I still can't wait to get back on my VFR. For me it's the perfect bike. The Mirrors are crisp at speed. The fuel mileage and range are excellent. It runs on the cheaper regular fuel. Wind protection and comfort are top notch. It does not weigh 750 lbs. It leans around corners without producing sparks. When the Vtec kicks in at 7000 rpm I LOVE the sound. It has a "go directly to jail" top end. In five years it has not broken down, or had pieces fall off by the side of the road. It has cost me ZERO/NADA in repairs. If this is boring or lacks personality give me more. I do not tour with a passenger so their comfort is a non issue for me. I say, like what you ride, and let other people enjoy their choices, except the Harley guy's of course
Meh. Of the 7 bikes The Wife and I own, only ONE is a "non-Honda": My Yamaha FZ6. But none of the Hondas are newer than mid-'90s.

They make a great sportbike. But it's not "better" than anyone else's. Just costs more.

I guess I'm just fed-up with all the missed opportunities Honda has had to "DO something". And they introduced "Bold New Graphics". Anything different is some abortion like the Rune, or DN-01.............

I don't have very high expectations for the "New VFR".

Other than Price.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #56
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

I can bring you early riding impressions of the new VFR in about a week after I take it for a few laps at Sugo.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #57
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
I can bring you early riding impressions of the new VFR in about a week after I take it for a few laps at Sugo.
"Thank you, sir! May I have another?"

Oh, by the way, did you get my request for a wheelie? Was it approved or denied?

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 10-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #58
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Not everyone here hates Honda. I've said many times how much I loved my VFR...even defended the VTEC when one of the articles was running the usual drivel about how crummy a setup it is. I think I asked the author if he'd really ridden one. But Honda has issues...they have become too big to truly focus on motorcycles, and it shows in their products and marketing.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #59
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

It's apathy. Folks are waiting for the next Elsinore or 750 four to shock the industry into making better machines, but have we reached a point of over-saturation in all venues? How many more trick four stroke MX machines can the World absorb? How many more cruisers? Sportbikes?

I just got back from Soledad Cyn, Road a few minutes ago, nothing but Harleys. No sport bikes, dual-sports, nuttin. Just big American V twins.

Saturation point zero. Used bikes go for big $$$ and the industry shrinks. Honda has lost its way, we all knew that ten years ago.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #60
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Honda has lost its way, we all knew that ten years ago."

In a nutshell, that is it.