Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #41
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Cuddy! you edited my post! and hey who cares if their fake? O_o o_O
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #42
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Ruh-Roh

From this angle the Viffer looks suspiciously like a DN-1.

http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga..._itemId=215427
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
From this angle the Viffer looks suspiciously like a DN-1.

http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga..._itemId=215427
It's the new molded plastic look. It's quite the rage. At least amongst the manufacturers.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #44
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well it's a unique design, I not sure what to call it really

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #45
ofreen
Registered Member

It's ugly, heavy, tank is too small, probably will cost way too much. Too bad, because I like the V4s (at least until it is time to work on them).
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #46
motojohn
Founding Member

Default VFR1200 No Royal Flush

I had great expectations for this release and the notion this might be the next one. As to be expected, the more I sleep on certain ideas on whether the bike truly fits my real world needs, the harsher my criticisms become. Perhaps as with most new releases, seeing it in person will alleviate some of these preconceived notions.

First, applaud Honda for making such a bold step and hope the MSRP does not make the bike cost prohibitive for most riders, as at 6’2” I don’t really want to end up on an NT700V or anything like it. I also like the idea of manufacturers going to battle in this area of the motorcycle market and hope it encourages others to follow. Although, it bothers me on some level to see the new VFR thought as Sport Touring with references to it being "a gentlemen's bike" and find it extremely comparable to that of Harley Davidson trying to pass off the minimalist concept as cool. I hate when manufacturers are trying to sell me on the idea that less is more.

Perhaps my expectations are set to high and I need a reality check to keep costs reasonable and affordable. I personally find it hard to think the VFR without modern accessories like >5 gal. fuel tank, adjustable windscreen, tire pressure monitors, hand grip/seat warmers, or even (dare I say) cruise control, with bags that come as an additional cost, etc… that it can honestly compete at the Connie or FJ level for a true Sport Tourer designation or become the ST replacement without some additional refinements.

The dual clutch concept initially seems techno advanced and a step ahead, but as an experienced rider I also don't mind or find it bothersome for the rider/machine interaction of manual shifting so that alone doesn’t do it for me. Competition is perhaps the GSX1250FA if/when it comes to the US market, or if we see a third generation FZ1 with cross plane crankshaft released but these are in the likes of 'standards' as before mentioned and more importantly will most likely cost considerably less. Not that this part of the market is a bad area to be in, but if you pull three of a kind for trip' Jacks, don't try to pass it off as a Royal Flush...

Last edited by mscuddy : 10-16-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: PARAGRAPHS FOR CRIPES SAKES!
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #47
mikeeovitch
Founding Member

Funny thing is I had a '99 VFR800 for 6 years I waited a few years following the rumors of the new VFR and then caved into a new BMW K12s last year. I like the look of the new Veefer, it's new and sleek and doesn't look like a retarded transformer like the previous generation. Sounds like some haters don't get the theory of evolution. It's so close in comparison to the K12s by the looks and stats but I'm shocked at the weight, 590???? I'm pleasantly surprised by the shaft drive, I always cleaning the chain. My '99 VFR could get a modest 230 miles per tank when cruising. Even though the new motor is significantly larger I'm sure Honda has designed some good fuel saving EFI not to mention the new motor will have all the slick low friction bits. My K12S can get 180 if I'm conservative.
mikeeovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #48
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The new honda is a stone. I hear kids on Valmobiles can kill 'em. Pfah.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #49
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeovitch View Post
Even though the new motor is significantly larger I'm sure Honda has designed some good fuel saving EFI not to mention the new motor will have all the slick low friction bits. My K12S can get 180 if I'm conservative.
Oh yeah - I'm sure they have. Definitely. Uh-huh.

What you're reading as "VFR Hatred" is merely mild-annoyance at Honda's current "Too-little, Too-late, Too-expensive" riding-their-own-coattails school of Motorcycle Design. OK, mebbe a LOT of annoyance. It's not the bike specifically that cheeses me off - it's F'n HONDA.

**** 'em.

In the face.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #50
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
I guess I really am the one guy who likes sporty naked bikes....
Count me in, two!