Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth View Post
Hopefully the guys at Mo'cycle.com will give us some initial test results soon. Can't wait to read them.
Plan to get your fix around Xmas.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Great that The Prophylactic decided to stalk and take credit for the new VFR being a V4.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #23
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

I like the looks of it, although the mufflers are a bit "Buzz Lightyear".
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #24
pittsguy
Founding Member

Default A Little Disappointed

I may be getting jaded in my old age, but I was hoping for something that made me make the "expensive" sound; this is the sound you make right before a really irrational purchase occurs. It's different in sound, but the same in meaning for everyone.

I loved the Interceptor Anniversary model, and I am still considereing buying one. It made me remember my college days when the original came out. The new Interceptor's looks just leave me cold. The new bike has the same effect on me as the bug-eyed BMWs; they may be great bikes, but they don't have the visual appeal that makes my checkbook leap out my pocket.

Honda builds really good motorcycles. I want Honda to build a really good motorcycle that is a really good looking motorcycle. That gets me to spend money; right after making the "expensive" sound.
pittsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #25
bigjames
Premium Member

Default I really wanted to like this bike...

But like someone said looks like cross between a BMW K12GT and so on. Why is it Honda doesn't understand you can't just call it a Sport Tourer when it isn't? No stock bags, useless passenger accommodations = Not Sport Tourer! In the form it was introduced, it's a high priced standard. Yes, I went and said it, it's a Standard, nothing more, in this layout. For crying out loud Honda, you can do better. The test mule was more of a sport tourer than what was "unveiled"... I am very disappointing. Put a better seat on it for the passenger and make the bags standard and not so insanely expensive! Man, they do all the big stuff right and screw up the little things, over and over and over again...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #26
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I walked through a large dealership the other day. It suddenly dawned on me. Bikes have gotten ridiculous. The sport bikes were silly small and overstyled, the Concours and Hayabusa were stupid large and bulbous, KTM needs to kill the origami guy. The MV Agustas and Ducs on hand were sweet indeed, but of course unattainable. The Bandit 1250 is an honest straight ahead bike, but unfortunatley it also looked stodgy and boring.

600 pounds, 16 grand, impenetrable looking plastic and the ugliest front end since the DN-01. I can easily live without the new VFR. I guess I really am the one guy who likes sporty naked bikes....
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #27
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
I guess I really am the one guy who likes sporty naked bikes....
Then I hope you buy the new Z1000.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #28
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Quote:
I walked through a large dealership the other day. It suddenly dawned on me. Bikes have gotten ridiculous. The sport bikes were silly small and overstyled, the Concours and Hayabusa were stupid large and bulbous, KTM needs to kill the origami guy. The MV Agustas and Ducs on hand were sweet indeed, but of course unattainable. The Bandit 1250 is an honest straight ahead bike, but unfortunatley it also looked stodgy and boring.

600 pounds, 16 grand, impenetrable looking plastic and the ugliest front end since the DN-01. I can easily live without the new VFR. I guess I really am the one guy who likes sporty naked bikes....
+1

...and so on.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #29
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Its sort of strange because its more really the type of bike i gravitate to but I do actually like the looks of the 'Busa. Wish they made a "minibusa"
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:

There is still at least one real sport tourer. A friend just bought a beautiful blue 2006 Sprint ST. He let me ride it (fool). He should know better after letting me ride his Street Triple. You want a real sport tourer? Check out the Triumph. And that Street Triple is just that. You won't find a better street bike.