Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #31
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

As stated several times: that's a LOT of motorcycle for $10k and change. It's a damn good looking bike too.

Does it have bars or clip-ons? Comfy enough for the old pharts?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #32
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
As stated several times: that's a LOT of motorcycle for $10k and change. It's a damn good looking bike too.

Does it have bars or clip-ons? Comfy enough for the old pharts?

It looked pretty good at the IMS in Seattle this weekend. I didn't sit on it or anything but in person it's pretty neat looking

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #33
BillyLoneWolf
Registered Member

Default 3rd time charmer

Don't know about much, but I do love my new Z1000. She's the daily rider and she's just right for me. Guess that's all that matters huh? As fer ol' pharts...I'm 60ish...
BillyLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #34
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyLoneWolf View Post
Don't know about much, but I do love my new Z1000. She's the daily rider and she's just right for me. Guess that's all that matters huh? As fer ol' pharts...I'm 60ish...
Good for you, Billy! You're not exactly the demographic Kawi was aiming for, but I totally get where you're coming from. The Z gives tons of performance in a comfortable package.

And, in case you missed it, here's a link to my review (despite what the title says...): http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...iew-89033.html
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #35
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Question Two Years Later...

Two years later and how does the Zed stack up? Well, it didn't come out on top, but the new Z1000 (? old now) is still a looker.

I'm going to sit on/test ride an 1125CR this weekend. Should I ditch the Uly, add another bike or trade it in on a new Kawi Z1000? Choices, choices, choices!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #36
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Two years later and how does the Zed stack up? Well, it didn't come out on top, but the new Z1000 (? old now) is still a looker.

I'm going to sit on/test ride an 1125CR this weekend. Should I ditch the Uly, add another bike or trade it in on a new Kawi Z1000? Choices, choices, choices!
If you like long-haul comfort, perhaps for two, keep the Uly. If you want a maniacal yet comfortable street roadster, get the Z. Or consider the CB1000R, which has undeniable agility.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #37
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post

Ditch the Uly before that overstressed, overheated Sportster engine winds up seizing or grenading. The CR ergos are good for about 2 hours at a spell IMO. If canyon carving or track days are your ride, then by all means.

Get the Z.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #38
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I love my Z .. but it's a 750, not a 1K .. it doesn't lack in power anywhere, though. And I haven't even added the full Muzzy exhaust, K&N air filter, and PCIII yet!
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:10 AM   #39
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

So, I went out last night to ride my friend's 1125CR. Man! Can that thing pull... all the way through the rev range!! Only problem is that I was used to the 4K-6K power band on my Ulysses. Once, I was heading down the road in third gear, pinned the throttle and when the bike hit grand, holy chit!

Interestingly, could've been the suspension setup, but I felt like my Ulysses actually turns into corners better. The CR was suspension was set for a 240 pound rider, not my 195lbs. My wife said that, at 6'5", I look like a circus bear on a tricycle.

Now, to see if I can score a test ride on the new Z1000.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #40
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

You're not gonna look any different on that
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote