Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster Announced (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13269-2010-triumph-rocket-roadster-announced.html)

Administrator 10-01-2009 09:49 AM

2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster Announced

Original Article:
2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster Announced

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster Announced in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 10-01-2009 10:19 AM

I doubt it will dethrone the current standard by which all streetfighters are measured.... the Speed Triple. Still, there will be a blower kit for it within a month of its release I'll bet. Plenty of room to stick a blower on it. I bet it easily hand the hats back to the VMaxes and Bkings.

acecycleins 10-01-2009 10:23 AM

I loved riding the demo Rocket when I worked at the Triumph dealer. With all the little changes to the riding position maybe it will be easier to hold onto when you crack the throttle.

anrajala 10-02-2009 04:05 AM

Dzeezus, this thing has 165 lbft of torque. As a comparison: if you screwed a third cylinder on a 2010 model big hog it would muster 141 lbft. Like Elton John put it so aptly: Candle in the wind.

What's happening with the once famous American engineering? 40 years ago you sent a guy in the moon by engineers whose only equipment was big slide rulers and even bigger side burns. And now even the yellow teeth limeys are doing you 10-1 on the big cruiser segment.

Funny to read all the other Harley guys on this thread are totally satisfied how the things are turning out.

- cruiz-euro

longride 10-02-2009 04:26 AM

"Funny to read all the other Harley guys on this thread are totally satisfied how the things are turning out."

If the point of making things is selling them, then compare how many Harleys were sold since the inception of the Rocket to how many Rockets were sold and I guess you can see why the Harley guys are so satisfied.

Auphliam 10-02-2009 08:10 AM

There's one thing on that bike I wish the rest of the cruiser world would pick up on...Mid Controls.

Looks like an awesome bike. 2300cc and 165 lbs of torque gotta feel awesome when you twist that thing open.

pushrod 10-02-2009 08:25 AM

It sounds like the engine spec of the original RIII. They apparently toned down the tune for the RIIIT version.

The additional power is probably breathing mods.

Auphliam, the torque is awesome, indeed. If you snatch the throttle open in anything other than top gear at highway speed, it'll still snap your head back. And I'm talking about the older versions.

The RIII feels like it weighs when you lift it off the sidestand, but as soon as you roll, all the weight seems to vanish. It's kinda weird, actually.

Triumph will be at Barber for this years Vintage Festival with their Demo fleet, so go have some fun!

Kenneth_Moore 10-02-2009 08:29 AM

They really found a breakthrough styling schema for the bike:

"Dark Custom."

Once again, playing catch-up to Harley.

seruzawa 10-02-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 225190)
"Funny to read all the other Harley guys on this thread are totally satisfied how the things are turning out."

If the point of making things is selling them, then compare how many Harleys were sold since the inception of the Rocket to how many Rockets were sold and I guess you can see why the Harley guys are so satisfied.

What's funnier is that he's the only guy who mentioned Harley.

trenttheuncatchable 10-02-2009 09:19 AM

I really don't think that Triumph is trying to be Harley Davidson (or that they need to, they have plenty of their own history), and putting a shade of black color on a bike isn't a Harley innovation either.

The Rocket seems an awesome bike, but considering how much my 1100XX pulls, I'm not craving anything more, myself.