Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Also what is this Harley outselling everybody BS?"

How about comparing apples to apples and not 150cc machines to 900 lb cruisers. Most of what Honda sells is to Asia in the form of tiny scooters. Not the same ballgame there cruz yurup. Compare how many cruisers Harley sold to Honda if you want a large laugh.

"I don't have facts about Triumph but here in their home turf Europe you see them more than Harleys."

Which means absolutely nothing with the real world. I bet Harley outsells them there too.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #22
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Wheel the 2.1 litre Kawis to the dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
When you factor in the quality of build, materials and paint, the available options, whatever "savings" you thought you made go out the window. During the bike boom heyday, so many foreign bikes came in for trade they didn't even bother trying to sell them, they had a weekly truck drag them off to auction.
You are starting to sound like a GM salesman in the goold old days.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #23
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Brits, the new rulers

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Also what is this Harley outselling everybody BS?"

"I don't have facts about Triumph but here in their home turf Europe you see them more than Harleys."

Which means absolutely nothing with the real world. I bet Harley outsells them there too.
Honda makes lots of small bikes and things, and big things, and most impressively, it is the worlds largest manufacturer of combustible engines. So any talk of having any favorable comparison to Honda is like thinking US will have one day a black president.

Well Harley might outsell Triumph in Europe but I am a bit doubtful. In my town, second biggest in Finland, there is a Triumph dealer but not a Harley one. I have my regular supply of indicator light glasses from Helsinki, they come by post. Upon quick check, in all of Finland we have 8 HD dealerships, how many Triumph ones God only knows as the Brits run their business in their typical fashion in a coq-up mode.

Still, everybody knows Brits beat the Yanks 2-1 with gruntier cruiser engines. What do you think that will do to the respect of Harley brand in the long run? And more importantly, am I going to get any *****?

- cruiz-euro
Old 10-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Honda makes lots of small bikes and things, and big things, and most impressively, it is the worlds largest manufacturer of combustible engines. So any talk of having any favorable comparison to Honda is like thinking US will have one day a black president.

Well Harley might outsell Triumph in Europe but I am a bit doubtful. In my town, second biggest in Finland, there is a Triumph dealer but not a Harley one. I have my regular supply of indicator light glasses from Helsinki, they come by post. Upon quick check, in all of Finland we have 8 HD dealerships, how many Triumph ones God only knows as the Brits run their business in their typical fashion in a coq-up mode.

Still, everybody knows Brits beat the Yanks 2-1 with gruntier cruiser engines. What do you think that will do to the respect of Harley brand in the long run? And more importantly, am I going to get any *****?

- cruiz-euro
I been hearing that exact same shyt about the impending demise of HD since the 60s. When it actually happens, instead of pointless conjecture and failed predictions, you get back to us, hear?

Oh yeah, when the Finns get their first black Prime minister (or the Germans or the French or the Spanish or... etc) you get back to us about that rascism stuff too.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Honda makes lots of small bikes and things, and big things, and most impressively.."

And yet in the world of cruiser motorcycles, Harley outsells them impressively, so all the rest is just the same babbling bullshyt you always ramble on with. Please go buy a Honda or a Triumph and shut up already. I couldn't care less what Honda makes. They went from a leader to making nothing I would buy at the present time. They look and sound more like GM every day than Harley.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
"Honda makes lots of small bikes and things, and big things, and most impressively.."

And yet in the world of cruiser motorcycles, Harley outsells them impressively, so all the rest is just the same babbling bullshyt you always ramble on with. Please go buy a Honda or a Triumph and shut up already. I couldn't care less what Honda makes. They went from a leader to making nothing I would buy at the present time. They look and sound more like GM every day than Harley.
Honda is the biggest producer of small engines. True.

Microsoft is the biggest producer of operating systems.

Only an idiot would argue that Microsoft makes the best. Honda......?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:20 AM   #27
anrajala
Founding Member

Default King of the mid range cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I been hearing that exact same shyt about the impending demise of HD since the 60s.
Me too I've been hearing the same shyt. The difference between now and then is that before there was no real competition in the big displacement cruiser market. It was all cornered nicely.

Now the scene has changed its even debatable whether Harley belongs to that market any more. Swiveling read mudguards go only so far. Its clearly time to get back to the drawing board.

- cruiz-euro
Old 10-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Me too I've been hearing the same shyt. The difference between now and then is that before there was no real competition in the big displacement cruiser market. It was all cornered nicely.

Now the scene has changed its even debatable whether Harley belongs to that market any more. Swiveling read mudguards go only so far. Its clearly time to get back to the drawing board.

- cruiz-euro
You mean that "real competition" that's been going on for over a decade now?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You mean that "real competition" that's been going on for over a decade now?
Yeah that new Valkirie is going to knock Harley right out of business. Or was it that new 1800 VTX? No wait, it was that fabulous Rune! LOL The hits just keep on coming from Cruz Yurup. As for the race issue, I guess he hasn't read about Yurup's continued racist bad behavior at the F1 races and football matches.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Yeah that new Valkirie is going to knock Harley right out of business. Or was it that new 1800 VTX? No wait, it was that fabulous Rune! LOL The hits just keep on coming from Cruz Yurup. As for the race issue, I guess he hasn't read about Yurup's continued racist bad behavior at the F1 races and football matches.
Wasn't the smarmy condescending arrogance of the yurupeens about the USA's racism during the last election cycle so very precious? LOL! Just like their attempts to lecture us on how to run a republican form of govt! ROTFL!