Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Blondier
Registered Member

Default Woman/Bike Vibration/Health Problems

I am a lady rider putting on 25,000 km in a 3 month period. The vibration is causing me serious health problems - enough that I have been advised not to ride or change bikes. I ride a 2008 Harley Heritage Classic. Has there been any other women out there who have experienced the same? I love my bike and dont want to change it for another. Any suggestions?
Blondier is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I'm not a doctor, but I watch House sometimes on TeeVee and I have a glass dry-erase marker board. Whatever is wrong with you has nothing to do with motorcycle vibrations. It makes no sense at all. Find what the real problem is.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 09-18-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Are you trying to amass data for a lawsuit?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
newagetwotone
Registered Member

I'll go with the "its not the bike" answer Ken spit out (look im following!1!)

Personally I'm not supposed to ride bikes due to back problems (still do from time to time, it hurts) But its not because of anything on the bike. My problem was dirtbike and mountian bike accidents. has nothing to do with the vibs the bike makes. Maybe the bike makes your symptoms worse but what could bike vibs do to hurt you?

If your serious and want a bike with less vibes, what ever the reasons look for more cylinders. No its not full proof but ill bet the vibes from a 750 4cylinder will feel less obtrusive to you than a 1800cc twin.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"look im following!"

Ok, there is following me and Seruzawa is one thing, and then there is following Ken. Don't do it!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
newagetwotone
Registered Member

You're right i might go 'Klazy' myself!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
You're right i might go 'Klazy' myself!
Right off the cliff!

Is it just me, or does the idea of motorcycle vibrations causing "health problems" seem pretty ridiculous? If we were talking about having a jackhammer jammed into your abdomen for 8 hours a day, or maybe some pain in the wrists after 1000 mile trip, maybe. But these days bike hardly vibrate at all! Maybe the cure is a pyramid shaped helmet or copper bracelets.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Right off the cliff!

Is it just me, or does the idea of motorcycle vibrations causing "health problems" seem pretty ridiculous? If we were talking about having a jackhammer jammed into your abdomen for 8 hours a day, or maybe some pain in the wrists after 1000 mile trip, maybe. But these days bike hardly vibrate at all! Maybe the cure is a pyramid shaped helmet or copper bracelets.
I'll bet the more likely "cure" is a large out-of-court settlement. But I'm just suspicious by nature.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
rmorehouse2000
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondier View Post
The vibration is causing me serious health problems - enough that I have been advised not to ride or change bikes...Any suggestions?
Yes. Suck it up, or follow your doctor's suggestion. Not sure how many other options you see in the scenario you presented. Seriously, though, if you're having that bad of a problem, respect yourself enough to love your physical well-being more than your bike.
rmorehouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Just buy a StreetGlide and call it a day. You'll still be riding. You'll have less vibration. Any doctor that is telling you to stop riding is not a rider and is doing so because their beliefs are "motorcycles are dangerous." Get a second opinion.