Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Why would you want to trade it in. Didn't Victory just win an award for highest quality or customer satisfaction, or something like that? If that is the case, why would you ever want to get rid of it anyway?

All Iam sayin is, just make sure your going to keep it,....forever!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I had to wonder if this Victory depreciation issue was urban legend, or if it had basis in fact. So I did a quick survey of fairly comparable bikes in NADA. It was a small survey population, so it may not be statistically valid:

07 Victory Vegas New: $16,649 Resale: $10,835 Delta: go figure
07 HD Wide Glide New: $17,430 Resale: $13,640 Delta: go figure
07 Yamaha Road Star New: $11,399 Resale: $7,905 Delta: go figure

The lowest depreciation loss is the Yamaha. Go figure.
CHA-CHING! Yamaha wins again. Imagine that huh, wonder what the average Harley rider would say to his/her salesman when they laid that number infront of them for trade. S&L? Better yet lets pull the black curtain of this economy thats supposedly getting better over your numbers. Try calling up a Victory dealer now and tell em you got a mint 07 Victory Vegas with 600 miles I bet your nuymbers are way off. Just sayin? Bet they offer you 8k for it.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I did a quick survey of fairly comparable bikes in NADA."

The real world prices and NADA have about as much to do with each other as Obama and spending limits.
Limits! what stinkin limits?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
All Iam sayin is, just make sure your going to keep it,....forever!
Actually, you bring up a good point. I wonder which manufacturer people keep the shortest amount of time versus which mfg people keep the longest amount of time. If you buy a new bike, that counts as a "switch". That would be interesting to find out. Do you know? That would indicate the ultimate in customer satisfaction.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #25
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Actually, you bring up a good point. I wonder which manufacturer people keep the shortest amount of time versus which mfg people keep the longest amount of time. If you buy a new bike, that counts as a "switch". That would be interesting to find out. Do you know? That would indicate the ultimate in customer satisfaction.
Yeah interesting senario, your absolutly right. Just as a guess Harley riders keep theirs longer while Sport bike riders get knew ones cause the keep crashing them, maybe. Thats my take. As much as I hate to say it Harley would win hands down unless your going to add the Beemer guys they I think would be at the top of the list owning their bikes the longest.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
If you check out parts prices you discover quickly that Japanese bikes are throwaway by their very nature. Parts get real expensive. It didn't used to be that way but after my last two attempts to resurrect old Japanese bikes I've given up. I could rebuild three Shovelheads for the price of one Magna.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

" I could rebuild three Shovelheads for the price of one Magna."

And your driveway would have a fresh coat of oil on it year round to preserve it to boot!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #28
shotgunpipes
Registered Member

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. Obviously it's a personal decision for each, but you've all given me a lot to think about.

Never really thought about resale value - gonna go do some homework on that.

I kinda' feel cooler when I sit on a Harley, but for some reason, the Victory feels and rides so much better.
shotgunpipes is offline   Reply With Quote