Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13164-2010-harley-davidson-road-glide-custom-review.html)

Administrator 09-17-2009 01:17 PM

2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom Review
 

Original Article:
2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Auphliam 09-18-2009 07:39 AM

Might be just an optical illusion, but the bags on the black RGC look alot wider than the ones in the pic of the red one. Weird.

Anyway, back to the bikes. Honestly, I can't wait to see how the RGC and the new Vic models compare.

pushrod 09-18-2009 08:19 AM

I've always liked the Roadglide...

But $21K! Wow.

Kenneth_Moore 09-18-2009 01:41 PM

The RG is the best of the HD tourers. Frame mounted fairings are the only way to go.

Dr_Sprocket 09-18-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 224349)
The RG is the best of the HD tourers. Frame mounted fairings are the only way to go.

Yeah, but it freaks people out. I asked some of my patients who ride if they like the Road Glide. A common comment was that they didn't like how the handlebars turned, but the fairing didn't.

The_AirHawk 09-18-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 224359)
Yeah, but it freaks people out. I asked some of my patients who ride if they like the Road Glide. A common comment was that they didn't like how the handlebars turned, but the fairing didn't.

Once a guy told me "you can't see where you're going at Night without the light turning with the bars............"



Ah,.......... Yeah....... about that "turning" thing..........

longride 09-18-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 224359)
Yeah, but it freaks people out. I asked some of my patients who ride if they like the Road Glide. A common comment was that they didn't like how the handlebars turned, but the fairing didn't.

Same as on a GoldWing and it doesn't freak them out.

Dr_Sprocket 09-18-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 224371)
Same as on a GoldWing and it doesn't freak them out.

Everyone knows that Goldwing riders are nerds, who know that light can travel in all directons... and six cylinders are better than two. ;)

User Name 09-19-2009 03:04 AM

I'm never impressed by any of the offerings from Milwaukee...I think they are all outdated slugs that have nothing to offer to someone who likes performance and reliability.

Now if the really do resurrect the Nova project I may consider a HD, otherwise I'll keep my 09 Concours

V2Rider 09-19-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User Name (Post 224392)
I'm never impressed by any of the offerings from Milwaukee...I think they are all outdated slugs that have nothing to offer to someone who likes performance and reliability.

Now if the really do resurrect the Nova project I may consider a HD, otherwise I'll keep my 09 Concours

I can understand your comments about performance. HD's haven't been leading the pack there but as far as reliability goes you must be reading the playbook from the 70's and early 80's. I have an 86 Heritage with over 100k on it and have never had it breakdown on me. My 04 Road Glide is the same. Harleys these days are pretty solid.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 AM.