Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Model Intro (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13151-2010-can-am-spyder-rt-model-intro.html)

Administrator 09-16-2009 09:02 AM

2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Model Intro

Original Article:
2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Model Intro

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Model Intro in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 09-16-2009 09:16 AM

You look like you were in Quebec City. Love that place. I stayed in that castle (Le Hotel Chateau Frontenac) on my honeymoon way back when.

Nothing like strolling down the walled city and stopping for a bucket of mussels and frites and washing it down with some Le Fin du Monde or Maudite beer. Talk about strong!

Kenneth_Moore 09-16-2009 09:43 AM

Fonz, did they add some bodywork or scoops up front by the wheels? It looks different but I can't see exactly what they changed.

My pal HD Mike may soon be BRP Mike. He saw the article over my shoulder and got all excited. I think he's tired of falling over on his Ultra. It would be kinda nice if he got one, next trip to Daytona I could put the kid in that little trailer with his Nintendo.

The_AirHawk 09-16-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 224168)
Fonz, did they add some bodywork or scoops up front by the wheels? It looks different but I can't see exactly what they changed.

My pal HD Mike may soon be BRP Mike. He saw the article over my shoulder and got all excited. I think he's tired of falling over on his Ultra. It would be kinda nice if he got one, next trip to Daytona I could put the kid in that little trailer with his Nintendo.

He DOES know it's allowable to put his foot down at stop-signs and lights, right?

acecycleins 09-16-2009 10:05 AM

I still think it'd be a hoot to have one. About two years and I should be able to snag one for under $10k with low miles and tons of extras.
I think there should be a performance riding school for these things. Get out on the 90 skid and turn off the traction control. Running Barber, Rd Atl or VIR would be a blast.

fonzie 09-16-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 224174)
I still think it'd be a hoot to have one. About two years and I should be able to snag one for under $10k with low miles and tons of extras.
I think there should be a performance riding school for these things. Get out on the 90 skid and turn off the traction control. Running Barber, Rd Atl or VIR would be a blast.

Fun, yes! But unlike many automobiles, you can't turn off the traction control.

fonzie 09-16-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 224168)

The added scoops and some chrome trim pieces below the front cargo bin and on the RT-S replaced the higher scoops with lighting. Plus it's all wider by 3 inches.

seruzawa 09-16-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzie (Post 224177)

I'll bet you can with a pair of wirecutters.

Kenneth_Moore 09-16-2009 12:12 PM

Kirk said people were putting ECUs from Aprillias or some such bikes.

acecycleins 09-16-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzie (Post 224177)

Yet, some geek will figure out a plug n play box just for that reason. Give it 18 more months.