Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Honda CRF230M vs. 2009 QLINK XF200 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13122-2009-honda-crf230m-vs-2009-qlink-xf200.html)

Administrator 09-11-2009 11:42 AM

2009 Honda CRF230M vs. 2009 QLINK XF200

Original Article:
2009 Honda CRF230M vs. 2009 QLINK XF200

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Honda CRF230M vs. 2009 QLINK XF200 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 09-11-2009 11:58 AM

Well, the 2300+ dollar price difference is going to make the Qlink's shortcomings look pretty minor.

newagetwotone 09-11-2009 11:07 PM

To be honest, i like the headlight on the Qlink alot more than the honda.

Not that aesthetics are the biggest thing when it comes to dirt bikes but yea

CrazyCarl 09-12-2009 11:28 AM

QLink (QingQi) styling cues...

The Qlink (manufactured by QingQi and sold all over the world under different names), was aesthetically designed in joint effort by it's Brazilian distributor and the manufacturer in Jinan, China.

The Qingqi's looks are certainly more "up to date" than the Suzuki DR200 it's derived from and Honda should certainly not be asking 5k for the 230 when there are multitudes of excellent low mileage, second hand bikes out there for way less than 5k (including the formidable DRZ400SM).

If QLink was smart, they would offer a 19/17" front/rear wheel package that would double the bike's versatility while still maintaining excellent tire choices and true light weight dual-purpose functionality.

QLink does sell a service manual for these bikes (75 bucks!!!! :eek: ) which should contain the specs of the suspension travel ol' Pete was looking for but for that price one could just as easily scrounge the internet for an excellently illustrated QingQi 200GY (same bike) full service manual. Only draw back is it's in Portuguese... :D

Well done article and nice to see the dyno comparisons. To my knowledge, it's the first set of dyno numbers I've ever seen on the Qlink/QingQi's.

Ride Safe, Have Fun,
Crazy Carl

The_AirHawk 09-12-2009 11:31 AM

Portuguese? Why would that be a drawback? More like a "Value-Added Feature"............

BTW - thanks for the link to The Return - Riding Western China in your sig - I just followed and purchased it. I notice that he's promoting the dirtrackproductions guys of Riding Solo to the Top of The World and One Crazy Ride. I've seen the former, and have the latter on the way.

CrazyCarl 09-12-2009 11:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Air Hawk,

If people are looking for English specifications and instructions it could be a problem. Spanish speakers can get through most of it without too many problems from what I understand.

Since a good amount of these bikes are sold in South America it makes sense that's where the Portuguese version comes from. The Portuguese manual is really excellent with step by step walk throughs and first class color coded illustrations. Definitely worth checking out regardless of what languages you may be able to read or write. ;-)

CC

Edit: I've attached some sample pages of the Portuguese version so you can see what I mean. We can thank some Brazilian moto friends for this. Googling "Qingqi 200 repair manual" should return some more complete results.

The_AirHawk 09-12-2009 12:38 PM

Carl, the "Portuguese" comment was meant as a joke (though I could probably muddle-through it if I REALLY had to).

We're mostly sane here. But not always.

Oh look! a Fish!

CrazyCarl 09-12-2009 12:48 PM

No worries. Most of the activity on Chinese motocycles comes from the international community and much credit is due to our oeverseas brothers and sisters.

It's still a manual worth looking at anyway and the diagrams alone will prove extremely useful to anyone who owns one of these QLinks.

Sanity is only slightly over rated. :D

CC

Kenneth_Moore 09-12-2009 03:49 PM

Who cares about the damn QLink manual? it's disposable; a Bic Clic motorcycle. You don't even have to submerge it in salt water, just go straight to the "Discard the Motorcycle" step when it won't make noise anymore.

I saw some of Honda's latest today at Riva Motorschports; they had the DN01 and a couple of Furys (Furies? Furrys?). The Fury ALMOST works...it's so damn close to being cool. But you just know that the chee-zee chromed plastic and barely polished aluminium is going to look like crap in a year or less. I bet they sell a bunch of them.

The DN01 is a waverunner. It looks like a waverunner, it feels like a waverunner under you. If it had a trigger throttle and one of those spiral engine stop cords for when you fall off...just add water. What a goofy POS that is. Maybe they'll sell enough Furrys to cover the Do Not Order 1's losses.

newagetwotone 09-12-2009 04:23 PM

I don't know why... but sometimes when i read Kens comments my brain starts to hurt...