Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
I don't know why... but sometimes when i read Kens comments my brain starts to hurt...
You should try writing this sh:t.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Who cares about the damn QLink manual? it's disposable; a Bic Clic motorcycle. You don't even have to submerge it in salt water, just go straight to the "Discard the Motorcycle" step when it won't make noise anymore.

I saw some of Honda's latest today at Riva Motorschports; they had the DN01 and a couple of Furys (Furies? Furrys?). The Fury ALMOST works...it's so damn close to being cool. But you just know that the chee-zee chromed plastic and barely polished aluminium is going to look like crap in a year or less. I bet they sell a bunch of them.

The DN01 is a waverunner. It looks like a waverunner, it feels like a waverunner under you. If it had a trigger throttle and one of those spiral engine stop cords for when you fall off...just add water. What a goofy POS that is. Maybe they'll sell enough Furrys to cover the Do Not Order 1's losses.
I was talking to one of the salesmooks at my local Honda shop about the Furry - he was like "You don't see one here, do you?" They've had FOUR of them - with one more on the way. The longest-lasting one was out of the crate for less than 3-hours before it was sold. One was sold as they were uncrating-it, the others before they got there (including the one on the way).
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
CrazyCarl
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't know why... but sometimes when i read Kens comments my brain starts to hurt...
That's because when you read his post it sounds like the echos of a thousand middle school bands on a thousand bandwagons. The same absurd bandwagons used to roll through town 50 years ago when Japanese bikes were disposable then but 30 years later the US government was passing special regulations on imports to protect the then totally failing American motorcycle manufacturing industry.

CC

-Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! - It's Motographically delicious!

http://www.motocyclops.com/thereturn/

-Geotagged Image Gallery

http://www.panoramio.com/user/211654
CrazyCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Chill dude, i was screwin with him.

Im olde gregg!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #15
CrazyCarl
Registered Member

Glad to hear it. I do hear that kind of mindless dribble a lot and have probably gotten a touch sensitive to it.

Sure would be nice to have a good solid month on the road every now and then.

CC

-Geotagged Image Gallery

Old 09-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #16
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I dunno - Seems to me the waverunner comparo to the DN-1 is spot on.

$5,400 is way to much for the Honda. The government keeps printing more dollars and insisting inflation is low. Ya right.

Last edited by Duken4evr : 09-13-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
That's because when you read his post it sounds like the echos of a thousand middle school bands on a thousand bandwagons. The same absurd bandwagons used to roll through town 50 years ago when Japanese bikes were disposable then but 30 years later the US government was passing special regulations on imports to protect the then totally failing American motorcycle manufacturing industry.

CC
I'm going way out on a limb here and guessing that maybe you've got a vested interest in QLink, or Chinese bikes in general? Fess up, you sell the things, right?

Speaking of bandwagons, maybe you could do something cool with your screen name like Klazy Karl.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:24 AM   #18
anrajala
Founding Member

Everybody seems to be talking about different figures. Either the prices have changed or the MO office is flooded with cheap tequila and hookers again.

So the prices are now 2799 vs. 4749 . That is $1950 price difference - nothing to sneer at. You could get a lot of plonk but the Honda still wins. I am not a snob and I wouldn't flinch riding a Chinese bike called Qturd but its just that if you buy the Honda you'll have a professional tool for life.

The best choice would probably be a nearly new Honda for 3 grand or so.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #19
CrazyCarl
Registered Member

Ken,

The limb your on is not too long.

I lived in China for five years and had the chance to do some extended solo rides in China's mind blowing (literally) Western regions. Just before China, I rode a Bandit 1200S and after covering several thousands of miles on 150cc bikes across outrageous terrains, it became apparent to me that it's the rider, not the ride.

Many of the best things in life are simple and, in a place like the North America, are also the easiest and first to get taken for granted. I've put some serious miles and history on the QingQi (Qlink, whatever) 200's and can attest for their reliability and build quality. I was sponsored by the company (they loaned me a bike to ride) at the beginning of 2008. I've seen their factory and talked with their upper level management. Having visited three other major manufacturers, I can probably say QingQi (said: ChingChee) has the most consistent quality. I remember visiting the Jialing factory and seeing a lady at the end of the assembly line marking the rear suspension mounting nuts for torque. She would only check one side and then mark BOTH as torqued!

QingQi produces the Suzuki DR200's (no BS)and their greatest fault is they remain a bit conservative/cautious on the design side of things. Other manufacturers are coming out with 400's while QingQi is now finalizing a 250 engine in the same basic frame.

That said, I am not in their pocket or anything like that. I do communicate with the manufacturer on occasion but the real interest in their bikes is the belief that they are fundamentally good products at a great price. Think about it, you can get 2 QingQi 200 bikes in either motard or daul-sport trim.(which look better in my opinion) for the price of one, nearly identical DR200. What's not to like?

The main issue in the NA market is people tend to be bigger than developing nations and travel at higher speeds which requires larger engines so small bikes are labeled as "beginner" or "toy" bikes. To put things in perspective, the amount of motorcycle riders in all of North America (and maybe Europe as well) would be absolutely dwarfed by the amount of riders in, lets say, India who ride 150 and under bikes as necessary means of cheap, quick and convenient transport every day. To these riders, a 200cc like the QingQi is a kind of dream come true and a great opportunity for them to enjoy slightly more modern equipment that's more reliable and, at the same time, affordable.

While to us in NA, a bike like this may seem insignificant, millions upon millions of other riders in the world are seeing the explosion of a whole new world of transportation opportunities and I find it only proper to consider the impact of this emerging market segment on their lives.

At the end of the day, there's a lot appreciate about every bike and every rider, whether or not we make like them. Rich, poor, tall, short, fat, skinny, man, woman, no matter where I've gone in the world it's the people who have the least who are willing to give them most and take little for granted.

These "simple" people with their "disposable" motorcycles have made more of an impact in my life than any amount of beer swilling, mid-life crisis, frat brother with cash, incessantly espousing how great their BMW or KTM is and how everything else is crap. For all their tough guy, know it all, holier than thou attitudes, they can't even pick up the pig of a bike by themselves and would be totally helpless if they ever found themselves truly isolated in an unfamiliar hostile environment...read as: dead meat.

I know not all BMW or KTM riders are like that (some of my good friends ride BMW's) but, to be honest, that's where I see this kind of shoddy attitude the most. It does get to me because of the sheer ignorance and bigotry which I feel is entirely unnecessary and, what's more, unproductive to the motorcycle industry as a whole both at home and abroad. To me - in an ideal world - a rider should know better.

C

-Geotagged Image Gallery

Old 09-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #20
CrazyCarl
Registered Member

Dig deeper...

Those interested in the dualsport version "XP200" can get one for 1,700 bucks less shipping. It's like a DR200 with USD forks and kick start.

QLINK MOTOR2008 XP 200

No, I don't sell them and do not work for QLink. I have no love for QLink and have generally not found many positive comments about their customer care or service but, as of now, they're the only people with these bikes. If you're in the market for this type of machine, it's probably the best value of what's around.

CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Everybody seems to be talking about different figures. Either the prices have changed or the MO office is flooded with cheap tequila and hookers again.

So the prices are now 2799 vs. 4749 . That is $1950 price difference - nothing to sneer at. You could get a lot of plonk but the Honda still wins. I am not a snob and I wouldn't flinch riding a Chinese bike called Qturd but its just that if you buy the Honda you'll have a professional tool for life.

The best choice would probably be a nearly new Honda for 3 grand or so.

- cruiz-euro

-Geotagged Image Gallery