Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #61
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
And my buddies Dyna-glide easily outhandles those pigsticker Road Stars and V-Stars. It doesn't ground as easily.
Depends which Dyna and which Star. The new Wide Glide I recently tested doesn't have more cornering clearance than a Roadliner, and there's no disputing the stoutness of the 'Liner's aluminum frame. Add to the equation about 25% more power in the YamaStar, and the WG would be in second place.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #62
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Actually, that's not a fact. It's conjecture.
Actually, it is a fact. The Japanese stated in the 80's when they got slapped with the Reagan tariff (Honda and Yamaha specifically) that the reason that Harley was going under was that Harley produced an 'inferior' V-Twin, while they produced 'superior' inline fours, and if Harley made a 'superior' inline four like they did, they wouldn't be going out of business. So if you take them for their word, they would have never made an 'inferior' V-twin, becuase they already had a 'superior' inline four, correct? So then the ONLY reason they made them is because Harleys were selling like hotcakes, and they wanted in on the action. Is that not a fact? It certainly is if they felt their inline four was 'superior'. The only reason Polaris and the others decided to get into the market was the 3 to 4 year Harley waiting list. I'm sure that even you could figure that out Duke. These manufacturers were trying to fill the void that Harley wasn't willing to fill. If it isn't a fact, as you say, then why did they all pretty much come up with air-cooled, belt driven V-Twins styled like Harleys? Coincidence? No.

Last edited by longride : 09-11-2009 at 10:39 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #63
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Star riders might be "like" them, but Hardley riders "are" buttholes. "

So Star riders are imitating buttholes? I guess they can't even do that right. How sad is that? The rest of your blather is all the same. Just get yourself a "I wish I had a Harley" sticker and slap it on that thing and be done with it.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #64
motojohn
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I can't comment. I'm just a snooty BMW rider.
Then I have nothing but respect. My brother in law just bought a K1300S and it's a sweet ride...
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #65
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Depends which Dyna and which Star. The new Wide Glide I recently tested doesn't have more cornering clearance than a Roadliner, and there's no disputing the stoutness of the 'Liner's aluminum frame. Add to the equation about 25% more power in the YamaStar, and the WG would be in second place.
My point is that each brand has different models with different capabilities. Too many broad generalizations. Never mind that some riders are a heck of a lot better than others. And some are so bad that no amount of HP or ground clearance will help. Arguing these things may be entertaining but ultimately pointless. If people like Yamahas then by all means they should buy them. No need to demonstrate an inferiority complex to justify it.

And the "Harleys are unreliable" crap reveals more about the people who say such things than they realize.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #66
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
Then I have nothing but respect. My brother in law just bought a K1300S and it's a sweet ride...
Baahaaaahaaaaa! He gets 'respect' for buying a certain brand of motorcycle! Classic! I figured that's only what stupid Harley riders do! It just keeps getting funnier! Buz, you just hit the big time buddy!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #67
motojohn
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Star riders might be "like" them, but Hardley riders "are" buttholes. "

So Star riders are imitating buttholes? I guess they can't even do that right. How sad is that? The rest of your blather is all the same. Just get yourself a "I wish I had a Harley" sticker and slap it on that thing and be done with it.
Funny how whenever Buell is mentioned the HD guys get real quiet or go back to the imitating argument.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #68
motojohn
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Baahaaaahaaaaa! He gets 'respect' for buying a certain brand of motorcycle! Classic! I figured that's only what stupid Harley riders do! It just keeps getting funnier! Buz, you just hit the big time buddy!
He was smart enough to stay out of it and leave you the rope to hang yourself. It's more about personality or your lack of it. ha!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #69
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Funny how whenever Buell is mentioned the HD guys get real quiet or go back to the imitating argument.
Yeah, us 'H-D guys' always get real quiet when you imitation Japanese cruiser riders mention Buell. It just scares the crap out of us 'H-D guys'. You sure got me on that one boy!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #70
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
He was smart enough to stay out of it and leave you the rope to hang yourself. It's more about personality or your lack of it. ha!
Dude, that guy is one of my friends. He thinks you are an idiot, and we will have some laughs at your expense later on. I'm sure glad you left me that rope though! We sure roped a moron with it!