Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
Oh this is a brilliant remark... You sort of need to look like a cruiser to be in the cruiser market. How else would you define a cruiser if the style of the frame/fenders didn't fall into the category with some degree of resemblance? You don't, you end up with a street bike. Think before you speak, as it provides no benefit to bash all attempts to offer alternatives within the market when it's forcing Harley to drive innovation and improve their product. Competition is always good. The Liner itself is described as a class leader because of power to weight distribution and it's done right. Whether maneuvering around a surprise object on the highway or hitting the twisties on a scenic road, I'll take the Yamaha any day. Ride it in a group of Harleys and no one is going to touch you when you break away from the pack with a simple twist the throttle and growl of that 1900cc motor. When you begin to look into the details of what Star offers in the package dollar for dollar your getting one heck of a bike for the money spent. Hydraulic clutch, belt driven, 190 rear tire, 113 cubic inches of motor, 2 into 1 exhaust with exup, a 47 lb aluminium frame, rear mono shock suspension, floor boards, chrome switch housings, etc... Pay for that on a Hardley and you're at least at 30K - if you're lucky. The average working guy or gal cannot touch so much bike for so little especially if trying to incorporate ownership into a family budget.
Sure, the Star is a nice bike, but the Japanese are still copying Harley. They've even admitted it in the past. So what? Why not copy success? They should build something that doesn't sell?

As far as power goes that 1900cc Yamaha is a joke compared to any number of 4 cylinder offerings or Ducatis, etc. Hardly something to brag about. "My bike can out accelerate a Harley!" So can any Ninja 500. But we're talking about Twin Cam Harleys since the Vrod will make mincemeat out of any Star.

OTOH The basic Superglide now has the honor of being one of the lightest big twins with Vulcan2000s and Star1900s pushing 800 pounds. It's a better handler than the Godzilla cruisers, twin shock or not, due to the huge weight saving. Something else to consider when looking at cruisers.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
Oh this is a brilliant remark... You sort of need to look like a cruiser to be in the cruiser market. How else would you define a cruiser if the style of the frame/fenders didn't fall into the category with some degree of resemblance? You don't, you end up with a street bike. Think before you speak, as it provides no benefit to bash all attempts to offer alternatives within the market when it's forcing Harley to drive innovation and improve their product. Competition is always good. The Liner itself is described as a class leader because of power to weight distribution and it's done right. Whether maneuvering around a surprise object on the highway or hitting the twisties on a scenic road, I'll take the Yamaha any day. Ride it in a group of Harleys and no one is going to touch you when you break away from the pack with a simple twist the throttle and growl of that 1900cc motor. When you begin to look into the details of what Star offers in the package dollar for dollar your getting one heck of a bike for the money spent. Hydraulic clutch, belt driven, 190 rear tire, 113 cubic inches of motor, 2 into 1 exhaust with exup, a 47 lb aluminium frame, rear mono shock suspension, floor boards, chrome switch housings, etc... Pay for that on a Hardley and you're at least at 30K - if you're lucky. The average working guy or gal cannot touch so much bike for so little especially if trying to incorporate ownership into a family budget.

So you bought some Japanese imitation Harley (doesn't really matter which one now does it?) and now you are going to waste thousands of words and everyone's time trying to justify how great it is. Nobody cares. It isn't a Harley, and it never will be no matter how much you wish it so, and no matter how much 'Star' want's people to think it's a Harley. It doesn't matter what it cost, what it does, or how little you paid, it STILL isn't a Harley and it never will be. Get over it already.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #23
motojohn
Founding Member
 
motojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You aren't just my honey, you are everyone's from what I hear. If you can't tell you own a Harley imitation, then the ignorance, and the bruised ego is yours there honey.
You've got a real fetish for rubbing against men so how can anything you say have any credibility. The fact you think that the only cruiser that can exist is Harley and all others are clones is further evidence of stupidity. Think what you want, and ride your own ride, this argument will certainly not end with us. Keep hanging on to your outdated responses with no original thought, cookie cutter motorcycle designs on junk frames that don't handle worth crap, and time will show you're the one that looks like the real ass.
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
You've got a real fetish for rubbing against men so how can anything you say have any credibility. The fact you think that the only cruiser that can exist is Harley and all others are clones is further evidence of stupidity. Think what you want, and ride your own ride, this argument will certainly not end with us. Keep hanging on to your outdated responses with no original thought, cookie cutter motorcycle designs on junk frames that don't handle worth crap, and time will show you're the one that looks like the real ass.

Star motorcycles? Those are the ones I see in my ZRX's rearview mirrors, right?

I love these arguments about which porky slug is best.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
You've got a real fetish for rubbing against men so how can anything you say have any credibility. The fact you think that the only cruiser that can exist is Harley and all others are clones is further evidence of stupidity. Think what you want, and ride your own ride, this argument will certainly not end with us. Keep hanging on to your outdated responses with no original thought, cookie cutter motorcycle designs on junk frames that don't handle worth crap, and time will show you're the one that looks like the real ass.
So you're saying that new "Star" ISN'T a direct ripoff of the Harley Street Glide?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #26
motojohn
Founding Member
 
motojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So you bought some Japanese imitation Harley (doesn't really matter which one now does it?) and now you are going to waste thousands of words and everyone's time trying to justify how great it is. Nobody cares. It isn't a Harley, and it never will be no matter how much you wish it so, and no matter how much 'Star' want's people to think it's a Harley. It doesn't matter what it cost, what it does, or how little you paid, it STILL isn't a Harley and it never will be. Get over it already.
Imagine that, you start the bashing and now your telling me to get over it. Ha! Seems you're the one with the hang up why else begin posts with such a condescending tone. Then when your weak arguments don't hold water you immediately turn to insults. I do not have to agree with your pea brain remarks. If you don't understand a good bike when it's right in front of you I can't help but spend some time trying to explain. The point of this thread is to discuss the liner which is a great bike and what I was attempting to do. You're a so called moderator but with such bias I'm not sure how you can be effective.
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
You've got a real fetish for rubbing against men so how can anything you say have any credibility. The fact you think that the only cruiser that can exist is Harley and all others are clones is further evidence of stupidity. Think what you want, and ride your own ride, this argument will certainly not end with us. Keep hanging on to your outdated responses with no original thought, cookie cutter motorcycle designs on junk frames that don't handle worth crap, and time will show you're the one that looks like the real ass.
You are simply the typical moron that buys one of those imitations and then gets a bruised ego because nobody gives them any respect that they think they 'deserve'. You want a Harley so bad, but you just don't have one, so you become a whiny bytch and cry about that junky Harley that you envy so much. Funny how nobody that owns a Harley ever says anything about those things. Maybe a snicker or two, but hell it is kinda funny watching people like you act exactly like the people they supposedly hate so much. Yes, you may think I look like an ass on my Harley, but it is an ass you so badly want to be, but couldn't afford, that it just kills you. I'll hang on to my junk, and you keep sitting there wishing it was yours. Just remember every time you hear that snicker, they aren't laughing with you. I have to feel a bit of pity for someone that can't get what he REALLY wants.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Ride it in a group of Harleys and no one is going to touch you when you break away from the pack with a simple twist the throttle and growl of that 1900cc motor. When you begin to look into the details of what Star offers in the package dollar for dollar your getting one heck of a bike for the money spent.

Plea contact Klazy Ken Enterpize right away. We need a guy like you. Schmooove you talk like butta.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
Imagine that, you start the bashing and now your telling me to get over it. Ha! Seems you're the one with the hang up why else begin posts with such a condescending tone. Then when your weak arguments don't hold water you immediately turn to insults. I do not have to agree with your pea brain remarks. If you don't understand a good bike when it's right in front of you I can't help but spend some time trying to explain. The point of this thread is to discuss the liner which is a great bike and what I was attempting to do. You're a so called moderator but with such bias I'm not sure how you can be effective.
I wonder who the internet tough guy was that was going to slap me? Oh, that was you. I slap back. Just because I'm a moderator doesn't mean I can't call you an insecure moron. Your 'Harley Envy' is so obvious, you might as well have a tattoo on your forehead. I don't need you to 'explain' anything to me. You bought a cheap imitation Harley. The people that ride Harleys laugh at you. You get upset because they are riding what you really wanted. What else is there to explain?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
Oh this is a brilliant remark... You sort of need to look like a cruiser to be in the cruiser market. How else would you define a cruiser if the style of the frame/fenders didn't fall into the category with some degree of resemblance? You don't, you end up with a street bike. snippage Hydraulic clutch, belt driven, 190 rear tire, 113 cubic inches of motor, 2 into 1 exhaust with exup, a 47 lb aluminium frame, rear mono shock suspension, floor boards, chrome switch housings, etc... Pay for that on a Hardley and you're at least at 30K - if you're lucky. The average working guy or gal cannot touch so much bike for so little especially if trying to incorporate ownership into a family budget.
You better hope that EXUP cable doesn't break cuz I hear they're a bytch to get.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off