Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Yamaha put a lesser radio in, raised the price, and made it sound like a benefit! Fantastic!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I think they include those same Harley models in every Japanese mfg. lineup. I can never tell though because you can't find a brand name anywhere on em.

well, they're so proud of their innovative all new designs that they let the product stand for itself. No name req'd
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
How come you included Harley touring models in a Yamaha article......oh, wait a minute.....my mistake
Dude, that was cold.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #14
motojohn
Founding Member
 
motojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I think they include those same Harley models in every Japanese mfg. lineup. I can never tell though because you can't find a brand name anywhere on em.
Almost such a stupid comment it doesn't deserve a reply but you need wake up slap even if it's in the form of pointed reply. Stop the general stereotypes on the metric market and open your eyes. It indicates Yamaha on the rear fender and lower crankcase cover plus it wears a huge STAR emblem on the chrome meter cover and also on the OEM windshield on the Stratoliners. It's also got Yamaha stamped into the wheel rims but you are most likely not going to see this if you are blind to the big STAR on top of the tank.
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
Almost such a stupid comment it doesn't deserve a reply but you need wake up slap even if it's in the form of pointed reply. Stop the general stereotypes on the metric market and open your eyes. It indicates Yamaha on the rear fender and lower crankcase cover plus it wears a huge STAR emblem on the chrome meter cover and also on the OEM windshield on the Stratoliners. It's also got Yamaha stamped into the wheel rims but you are most likely not going to see this if you are blind to the big STAR on top of the tank.
Oh Please there honey, you couldn't slap your momma much less anyone that can slap way harder than you. Stop the BS and admit that they are all Harley clones and attempt to hide their origin as much as possible, and they prove it by making a fake company like 'Star' to hide the fact that it is a Yamaha. Put STAR on the sides of the tank, but then you couldn't mistake it for a Harley, which would kill the reason it even exists in the first place. From any distance longer than 6 feet, you can't tell what it is, and they like it that way.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #16
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

They are all harley clones... point me out a couple of jap cruiser that are not?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:53 AM   #17
motojohn
Founding Member
 
motojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
How come you included Harley touring models in a Yamaha article......oh, wait a minute.....my mistake
Oh this is a brilliant remark... You sort of need to look like a cruiser to be in the cruiser market. How else would you define a cruiser if the style of the frame/fenders didn't fall into the category with some degree of resemblance? You don't, you end up with a street bike. Think before you speak, as it provides no benefit to bash all attempts to offer alternatives within the market when it's forcing Harley to drive innovation and improve their product. Competition is always good. The Liner itself is described as a class leader because of power to weight distribution and it's done right. Whether maneuvering around a surprise object on the highway or hitting the twisties on a scenic road, I'll take the Yamaha any day. Ride it in a group of Harleys and no one is going to touch you when you break away from the pack with a simple twist the throttle and growl of that 1900cc motor. When you begin to look into the details of what Star offers in the package dollar for dollar your getting one heck of a bike for the money spent. Hydraulic clutch, belt driven, 190 rear tire, 113 cubic inches of motor, 2 into 1 exhaust with exup, a 47 lb aluminium frame, rear mono shock suspension, floor boards, chrome switch housings, etc... Pay for that on a Hardley and you're at least at 30K - if you're lucky. The average working guy or gal cannot touch so much bike for so little especially if trying to incorporate ownership into a family budget.
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #18
motojohn
Founding Member
 
motojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Oh Please there honey, you couldn't slap your momma much less anyone that can slap way harder than you. Stop the BS and admit that they are all Harley clones and attempt to hide their origin as much as possible, and they prove it by making a fake company like 'Star' to hide the fact that it is a Yamaha. Put STAR on the sides of the tank, but then you couldn't mistake it for a Harley, which would kill the reason it even exists in the first place. From any distance longer than 6 feet, you can't tell what it is, and they like it that way.
I'm certainly not your honey, he's probably down at the bar looking for another hook up. If you cannot tell different bikes from a distance you're pretty damn ignorant when it comes to bikes.
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #19
motojohn
Founding Member
 
motojohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
They are all harley clones... point me out a couple of jap cruiser that are not?
How else would you define a cruiser if the style of the frame/fenders didn't fall into the category with some degree of resemblance?
motojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojohn View Post
I'm certainly not your honey, he's probably down at the bar looking for another hook up. If you cannot tell different bikes from a distance you're pretty damn ignorant when it comes to bikes.
You aren't just my honey, you are everyone's from what I hear. If you can't tell you own a Harley imitation, then the ignorance, and the bruised ego is yours there honey.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off