Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #181
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
To answer your question, I want them to do an engine with proper grunt. Everything else is for sissies.

- cruiz-euro
Well, you supposedly have a FatBoy, so what does that make you?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #182
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Let's not forget all the fine Karl Strauss beers from San Diego and of course the Stone Brewery in Escondido makes some amazing strong brew. The tour is free and by the time you're done sampling, you're trashed.
Stone... yeah! They make a beer called Ruination IPA. Now that is a man's beer.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #183
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Hmm... they did't turn it into the world's biggest seller of large displacement motorcycles. It already was one.

They turned it from undisputed large displacement cruiser market leader to, erm, not-so-large displacement cruiser market leader. They are making 0.3 million bikes a year and borrowing money from Warren Buffet with 15% interest.

Worst is they lost the lead both in lbft and ci. This already shows in ever so slight changes in attitudes. Why Mercedes and BMW are top of the game today is because they made sure nobody passed them by.

- cruiz-euro
Too bad that you and KPaul and Moke and that other guy last week are the only people who seem to give a shyt. If you don't like Harleys than don't get one. You're the one who's so obsessed over it.

Oh yeah. BMW is really on the top of the game (snicker). New car sales are driven down to 18-year low forcing BMW to shut British factories for a month | Mail Online
Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 AM   #184
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Supporting the idleness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Well, you supposedly have a FatBoy, so what does that make you?
That makes me a Harley guy utterly disappointed of the Company's efforts to keep it up to the game.

All HD guys should make lots of noise (you must admit I've done my bit), maybe then the MBAs in charge would turn down the Elton John music and actually listen to us.

If you think you are doing Harley a favor by supporting their complacency, you need to think again.

-------
Complacency -noun, plural -cies.

a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some potential danger, defect, or the like; self-satisfaction or smug satisfaction with an existing situation, condition, etc.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 AM   #185
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"That makes me a Harley guy utterly disappointed of the Company's efforts to keep it up to the game."

Then go buy something else and shut up already. Nobody forced you to buy one in the first place.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 AM   #186
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[quote=seruzawa;224298]Too bad that you and KPaul and Moke and that other guy last week are the only people who seem to give a shyt. If you don't like Harleys than don't get one. You're the one who's so obsessed over it.

Are you sure its really him thats obsessed with it, and not you? Harleys are great bikes if thats what your looking for, bottom line. They sell tons of units and "YES" as Iv said before they are copied heavily by the Japanese and imo the Japanese do it better just an opinion, thats all.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #187
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Complacency will carry us far

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"That makes me a Harley guy utterly disappointed of the Company's efforts to keep it up to the game."

Then go buy something else and shut up already. Nobody forced you to buy one in the first place.
One day you will realize that you let down the whole idea of Harley Davidson by being an enthusiastic supporter of the game of letting the competition to pass by.

Or, probably, you will conveniently forget all about that and just blame the management. In their place you would have done so much better.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #188
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Too bad that you and KPaul and Moke and that other guy last week are the only people who seem to give a shyt.
Now see HERE! I happen to give a Shi..... No, wait.... No, I don't.

Just checked - Nope; not an inkling.

Sorry about all the fuss. Hope you understand, yes?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #189
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Are you sure its really him thats obsessed with it, and not you? Harleys are great bikes if thats what your looking for, bottom line. They sell tons of units and "YES" as Iv said before they are copied heavily by the Japanese and imo the Japanese do it better just an opinion, thats all.
Please define "Better".

Thank You.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #190
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
One day you will realize that you let down the whole idea of Harley Davidson by being an enthusiastic supporter of the game of letting the competition to pass by.

Or, probably, you will conveniently forget all about that and just blame the management. In their place you would have done so much better.

- cruiz-euro
Which competition exactly 'passed them by'? Harley sells more cruisers than the next 10 competitors combined. People want two kinds of cruisers: Harleys, and bikes that look like Harleys. All others have been fabulous flops, including your beloved Rune, which I saw a brand spanking new one a 2004 no less, at the CW show last year for 15 grand. Only 9 grand discounted from new, and it was never even ridden. I guess Harley can't follow THAT act.