Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #171
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. I was on my DRZ400 with a case of Yeungling strapped on the back at the time.
Mmmmm Yeungling. Can't get that stuff out west. When I fly to our office in FL that's the first thing we do is get a 12er of "Young things."

"You never forget your first Young thing."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #172
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Ya know, it seems everyone i know drinks that stuff, i can't stand the lager, Black and Tan isnt bad......

Personally it seems I've been drinking Blue Moon alot, place around here have Bud(and light) Coors light, MGD, miller lite, Sam adams (dont like it) and blue moon.... I really think most of that stuff is horse piss, but thats just me. I wish more place carried Guinness or Straubs.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #173
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Ya know, it seems everyone i know drinks that stuff, i can't stand the lager, Black and Tan isnt bad......

Personally it seems I've been drinking Blue Moon alot, place around here have Bud(and light) Coors light, MGD, miller lite, Sam adams (dont like it) and blue moon.... I really think most of that stuff is horse piss, but thats just me. I wish more place carried Guinness or Straubs.
Cutthroat Pale Ale from Wasatch Brewery.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #174
pushrod
Founding Member

Ahhhh, Wasatch Brewery!

When I was on my honeymoon up in Park City, we hit the brewpub regularly.

I don't remember them having the names they have now. I'm a Porter kind of guy. You'd think I'd remember 'Polygamy Porter' if I was drinking it with my bride...

Anyhow, (and remember, this is WAY pre-9/11), I managed to bring two cases of a few Wasatch brews back on the plane as carry-ons!

Just before I got to Atlanta, I (finally) realized I had a real problem. How the heck was I going to get those two cases from Point A to B?

Fortune smiled on me. For some reason, there were at least a dozen wheelchairs at our arrival gate. I asked one of the employees if I could move one to another gate, and they sort of nodded. Good Enough!

I got some great double-takes on the way...

We don't get Wasatch here. But, I'm a BIG fan of Sierra Nevada, and every time I feel 'special', I treat myself to a sixer of their Porter.

A cool Porter and a Punch cigar, and I'm in Heaven!

Oops. This has absolutely nothing to do with Star bikes, does it?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #175
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Let's not forget all the fine Karl Strauss beers from San Diego and of course the Stone Brewery in Escondido makes some amazing strong brew. The tour is free and by the time you're done sampling, you're trashed.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #176
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Mmmmm Yeungling. Can't get that stuff out west. When I fly to our office in FL that's the first thing we do is get a 12er of "Young things."

"You never forget your first Young thing."
You like that you should try some Orange Blossom. OBT they call it.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #177
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I can hardly stand the taste of beer any more, it's strangest thing.. Except for a bottle of Samual Smith's Outmeal Stout or one of their Imperial Stouts or Nut Brown Ale I rarely touch the stuff anymore.

I usually have a 6'r of Newcastle in the garage fridge for company but most of the time if I want a drink I have Whisky on the rocks or some Bombay Saphire and mineral water.

Oh yeah, this is M/C related because I use the bike to go to the likka' sto'......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #178
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Biggest seller of not quite so large displacement bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Not exactly. They did manage to resurrect a company that was on the skids and turn it into the world's biggest seller of large displacement motorcycles.
Hmm... they did't turn it into the world's biggest seller of large displacement motorcycles. It already was one.

They turned it from undisputed large displacement cruiser market leader to, erm, not-so-large displacement cruiser market leader. They are making 0.3 million bikes a year and borrowing money from Warren Buffet with 15% interest.

Worst is they lost the lead both in lbft and ci. This already shows in ever so slight changes in attitudes. Why Mercedes and BMW are top of the game today is because they made sure nobody passed them by.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #179
anrajala
Founding Member

Default There is this one small thingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
C'mon now. My bike has ABS, cruise control, radial tires, throttle by wire, air suspension, closed loop fuel injection, adjustable rider and passenger foot boards, cushioned belt drive, available CD & Ceirius XM radio, is virtually maintanance free and gets 45mpg, all with a 2 year warranty and a phone book worth of factory accessories plus a nationwide dealer network second only to Ford.

And that's a "standard" touring model, the Ultra and Classic offer tons more stuff stock. What more do you want them to do?
To answer your question, I want them to do an engine with proper grunt. Everything else is for sissies.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #180
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
To answer your question, I want them to do an engine with proper grunt. Everything else is for sissies.

- cruiz-euro
Well my pale and sickly friend, it hauls my somewhat portly backside around with aplomb over hill and dale........I think the issue of more power in a stock TC96 engine is resolved by a generous application of throttle. I regularly run mine up to near 5krpm and have never felt the bike to be underpowered in any way shape or form. In fact having had everything from a stock 74 inch, stroked & flowed 80 inch, breathed on TC88 inch and now a box-stock TC96 inch Harley Big Twin's I can say with some conviction the the 96 definately hauls the freight.

My own experiance has been people barely go above 3 k rpm then spend a sh*t pot of money modifying their engines for "more power" because of some percieved lack when they're not even using what they have to start with .

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 09-17-2009 at 03:52 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote