Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #141
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
It really makes me angry that although they have an unique status and brand, what is their management doing?

Same thing since the dawn of time,...NOTHING!
Apparently their mgmt. has been creating a unique status and brand all this time.

Remember, a few years ago H-D outsold Honda in the U.S. I guess they should create bikes like the VFR that everyone loves and no one buys.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #142
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
I'am talking innovation, technology, sportbikes. I really wished they would grow and think into a defferent realm. Rather than make the same old designs. You know they have the money. Its just that chip on their shoulder they must remove.
Maybe you heard of MV Agusta? Harley owns them. Is that innovative enough?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #143
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Maybe you heard of MV Agusta? Harley owns them. Is that innovative enough?
I wonder how you say KPaul in Hawaiian?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #144
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
I'am talking innovation, technology, sportbikes. I really wished they would grow and think into a defferent realm. Rather than make the same old designs. You know they have the money. Its just that chip on their shoulder they must remove.
C'mon now. My bike has ABS, cruise control, radial tires, throttle by wire, air suspension, closed loop fuel injection, adjustable rider and passenger foot boards, cushioned belt drive, available CD & Ceirius XM radio, is virtually maintanance free and gets 45mpg, all with a 2 year warranty and a phone book worth of factory accessories plus a nationwide dealer network second only to Ford.

And that's a "standard" touring model, the Ultra and Classic offer tons more stuff stock. What more do you want them to do?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #145
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I think you can just say it in English. No translation necessary.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #146
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
I think you're wrong. I think it's a very valid business plan to not try to be everything to everyone. To focus on a part of the market that you really do well, and exploit that to the fullest. HD had clearly done that, with great sucess. At the same time they aquired Buell to go into the sport bike segment. You may have noticed Buell is doing the same thing; focusing purely on Sportbikes, even to the point of dropping the Blast (will they drop the Uly?).
Old 09-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #147
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
C'mon now. My bike has ABS, cruise control, radial tires, throttle by wire, air suspension, closed loop fuel injection, adjustable rider and passenger foot boards, cushioned belt drive, available CD & Ceirius XM radio, is virtually maintanance free and gets 45mpg, all with a 2 year warranty and a phone book worth of factory accessories plus a nationwide dealer network second only to Ford.

And that's a "standard" touring model, the Ultra and Classic offer tons more stuff stock. What more do you want them to do?
Yeah, but it's not an inline-4... the true test of innovation! And DOHC! those were invented by the Japanese! right? Wait, the DOHC was 1917 as I recall. And the inline-4 was an Indian... also before WWII. Not many Japanese motorcycles built back then. In 1929 the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Sales Company of Japan established the Shinagawa factory, the first motorcycle production factory in Japan.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #148
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I think you're wrong. I think it's a very valid business plan to not try to be everything to everyone. To focus on a part of the market that you really do well, and exploit that to the fullest. HD had clearly done that, with great sucess. At the same time they aquired Buell to go into the sport bike segment. You may have noticed Buell is doing the same thing; focusing purely on Sportbikes, even to the point of dropping the Blast (will they drop the Uly?).
Ducati's entire line is sport-style bikes. No cruisers there any more. No big boat tourers. The Monsters are unfaired sportbikes. and the Multi-strada is an ergo-improved sportbike as well. Why doesn't duck get slammed for being so narrowly focused?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #149
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
KiikikayPaauliwakki Kookalookie..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #150
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Ducati's entire line is sport-style bikes. No cruisers there any more. No big boat tourers. The Monsters are unfaired sportbikes. and the Multi-strada is an ergo-improved sportbike as well. Why doesn't duck get slammed for being so narrowly focused?
It's a Black thing. You wouldn't understand.