Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #121
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Wow considering that i asked a question since the OP seems to think that these POS harley copies aren't then id like to know what single metric cruiser looks like anything BUT a HD.

Did he answer? Well of course not. Did you answer? Well of course not.

Did you add anything constructive? nope. Why dont you go back to look at shemale pr0n and being the token wanker around here, Brah.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #122
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Hit the nail on the head pal. The question is do you ever have an original opinion of your own, cause every post you type is jocking someone elses thoughts. Just like that little kid that hangs around with the biggest Bullys(LR&SRZWA) so he doesnt get beat up himself.
Time to kick it back a notch boys. It was time to pee on each other, but that time has passed. Pull it back into reality.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #123
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I'd say the pinnacle of Star engineering is the new V-Max. Even you'd have to admit that thing is a beast to be reckoned with. No?
That new V-Max is heavy and has so much power the rear tire doesn't know what to do with it. For me that might be fun for a few burnouts, but after that I'd want something different. It's amazing that no one has built a cruiser that is light and powerful. Where's the Yamaha Warrior that's slightly smaller, lighter, and liquid-cooled (with at least a 4.5 gallon gas tank)?
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #124
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
That new V-Max is heavy and has so much power the rear tire doesn't know what to do with it. For me that might be fun for a few burnouts, but after that I'd want something different. It's amazing that no one has built a cruiser that is light and powerful. Where's the Yamaha Warrior that's slightly smaller, lighter, and liquid-cooled (with at least a 4.5 gallon gas tank)?
I saw one of those new Challenger SRT's the other day. Nice! That brings grins to my face just like the new V-Max does. Feel the pow-wah!

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 09-13-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Oops! SRT = Dodge and SVT = Ford
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #125
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I saw one of those new Challenger SVT's the other day. Nice! That brings grins to my face just like the new V-Max does. Feel the pow-wah!
HEMI: For those that want The Shizznit, Yo!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #126
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
HEMI: For those that want The Shizznit, Yo!
Hemi. Kind of cool. Only problem is... try to find a late model engine that ISN'T a hemi!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #127
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Japanese only make Harley clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
They are all harley clones... point me out a couple of jap cruiser that are not?
Couple that first pops into mind are Valkyrie, the old MO power cruiser shootout winner with 98 rwhp. You have to do some serious glue sniffing before it looks like a Harley clone.

Another one is my old love Yamaha Royal Star which had usable speed range of 0-110 km/h on second gear due to silky smooth V4 engine.

It all boils down how narrowly cruiser segment is defined. If you think motorcycle needs to look like a V2 harley to be a cruiser, then, erm, they'll all be harley clones. Obviously.

On the other hand there are patological cases in need of heavy experimental therapy who believe even V-Max is a cruiser.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #128
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Triumph's new Thunderbird doesn't break new ground in the cruiser styling realm, but at least it has a different (and charismatic) motor, part of the reason we gave it our award for best cruiser of 2009: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...ear-88656.html
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #129
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Does size matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Depends which Dyna and which Star. The new Wide Glide I recently tested doesn't have more cornering clearance than a Roadliner, and there's no disputing the stoutness of the 'Liner's aluminum frame. Add to the equation about 25% more power in the YamaStar, and the WG would be in second place.
Thats exactly the problem. HD does not have enough power to be competitive any more in the big cruiser market. The goal posts have moved. Theyt don't even have a model to take part in a king sized cruiser comparo for chrissakes.

It really makes me angry that although they have an unique status and brand, what is their management doing? Giving it away to the competition by producing underperforming undersized products year in and year out. As they say in Italy: notti goodi.

It's not many years ago when it would have been laughable to even consider a japanese cruiser at HD kind of money. Not any more. And even the fish breath limeys are putting Harley over the barrel for a good measure. Who let this happen?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #130
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Thats exactly the problem. HD does not have enough power to be competitive any more in the big cruiser market. The goal posts have moved. Theyt don't even have a model to take part in a king sized cruiser comparo for chrissakes.

It really makes me angry that although they have an unique status and brand, what is their management doing? Giving it away to the competition by producing underperforming undersized products year in and year out. As they say in Italy: notti goodi.

It's not many years ago when it would have been laughable to even consider a japanese cruiser at HD kind of money. Not any more. And even the fish breath limeys are putting Harley over the barrel for a good measure. Who let this happen?

- cruiz-euro
Well, you might wish that HD didn't have enough power any more, and I might wish it and A lot of other people might wish it, but the sales figures tell the tale and HD still outsells the rest.