Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/13030-2010-can-am-spyder-rt-preview.html)

Administrator 09-01-2009 06:47 PM

2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Preview

Original Article:
2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Can-Am Spyder RT Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 09-02-2009 06:21 AM

Nice write up Fonzie; your dediation to your craft is commendable.

Nobody should buy one of these things. Can Am should collaborate with dealers to rent them at various touristy locales. They're like wave-runners; fun to whip around on for a few weekends, a year, but the rest of the time they'll be buried under the laundry in the garage. But if you showed up in Key West and could rent one of these instead of that Ford Contour...now you've got something.

acecycleins 09-02-2009 06:46 AM

So, what would you pay to rent one per day? Motorcycle rental is expensive. These things are far more expensive than scooters. Would you set up two locations? One in Miami and one in Key West for one way customers?

Really, they wifey won't even get on the K bike anymore. Says it's too uncomfortable for long trips. If you were eating highway miles or doing the commute that I'm dealing with right now the Can-Am is a pretty cool toy. As for taking it to Deals Gap- it might be fun, but the K bike is a blast even when the brakes start fading.

pushrod 09-02-2009 06:50 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I think a BMW 3-series ragtop makes a lot more sense than one of these monsters.

Sure, it costs twice as much, but I think it'd be a lot more better than the Spyder.

I think I'm going to wait until they come out with the GS (all-wheel drive) version and the "Jurassic Park" paint scheme.

Kenneth_Moore 09-02-2009 06:50 AM

$10; free gas, and a nice box lunch.

Seriously? There's plenty of people spending $175/day on scooters in Key West. HDs used to rent for $250-$300/day, but I hear these days they aren't doing so well. I'd pay rental car money for one + 50% for the fun factor. Wouldn't you?

SmokeU 09-02-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 223114)
$10; free gas, and a nice box lunch.

Seriously? There's plenty of people spending $175/day on scooters in Key West. HDs used to rent for $250-$300/day, but I hear these days they aren't doing so well. I'd pay rental car money for one + 50% for the fun factor. Wouldn't you?

I've never rented a car.

seruzawa 09-02-2009 07:51 AM

I thought this was Motorcycle on line.

I've seen a couple of regular Spyders around and they look kind of cool. And if I lost a leg or sumpin I'd probably want one. But aside from that... bleh! A motorcycle type of experience for people too frightened or incompetent to ride a bike? It needs to be garaged and would displace 3 real motorcycles. You know, the kind with two wheels.

I'd rather have a Mini.

newagetwotone 09-02-2009 08:03 AM

Or possibly people who can't balance.....

Kenneth_Moore 09-02-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 223115)
I've never rented a car.

It's really fun. Most people start with a ride in an airplane to a place far away. Then they ride on a bus to a place near the airport with a lot of cars. You show a nice person your credit card and driver's license, then they let you drive their car around the area while you're there. When you're ready to go home, you give them the car back and then ride the bus again to get on the airplane. At home you can show your friends pictures of the car you got to drive while you were gone. Some people save the maps and stuff they give you with the car. You can make a scrapbook with all the car rental papers you got to take to school.

12er 09-02-2009 09:08 AM

FYI. A rental Altima makes a pretty decent rally car. They sure can blast the cane fields in Hawaii or maybe thats just me.