Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default The Mighty Honda 250

I put anchovies in my coffee.

Now about this 250 cee cee Honda air cooled stoopermotard deal, looks like highside city, but I digress:

Having owned many 250cc and 350cc Honda dual-sports over the years, I have to comment on how the motor of this machine looks very similar to the 1978-1980 design of the venerable XL250S.

Any Honda 250cc air-cooled four stroke single has design roots that go waaaay back, to the stone age. They are unbreakable. You have to do something really stupid to screw one up.

Neat bike.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #12
newagetwotone
Registered Member

like put an anchovie in it?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #13
rvfrules
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Brissette View Post
Kawi’s lightweight motard KLX250SF (and sibling dual-purpose scoot) offers more displacement, liquid-cooling, higher-spec suspension and an LCD instrument cluster for an MSRP precisely $100 less than the CRF230M.

In light of the disparity between the bikes and their prices, we’re left to keep scratching our heads, asking what was it Kawasaki, a company with lower production numbers than Honda, was able to do that Big Red couldn’t?
The Kawasaki is made in Thailand.
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I'd put anchovies on my corn flakes, but it would gag the family. I on occasion down a big tin of Kipper Snacks on a hard roll. Ummmmm. Followed by some salt pork, a big glass of buttermilk, and a nice fat Cuban cigar. Then if I'm really feeling peckish, I might consume a slice of Bleu Cheese floating in a bowl of boiled cabbage (for dessert).
Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #15
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
I'd put anchovies on my corn flakes, but it would gag the family. I on occasion down a big tin of Kipper Snacks on a hard roll. Ummmmm. Followed by some salt pork, a big glass of buttermilk, and a nice fat Cuban cigar. Then if I'm really feeling peckish, I might consume a slice of Bleu Cheese floating in a bowl of boiled cabbage (for dessert).
What about a sandwich of sardines in mustard with a big, fat slice of onion on top?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Hey Vern, - who put these here Dead Minners on my Pizza?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #17
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
I put anchovies in my coffee.

Now about this 250 cee cee Honda air cooled stoopermotard deal, looks like highside city, but I digress:

Having owned many 250cc and 350cc Honda dual-sports over the years, I have to comment on how the motor of this machine looks very similar to the 1978-1980 design of the venerable XL250S.

Any Honda 250cc air-cooled four stroke single has design roots that go waaaay back, to the stone age. They are unbreakable. You have to do something really stupid to screw one up.

Neat bike.

I had a Honda 250X atv a few years ago. That thing would run all day WFO and wouldn't skip a beat. I beat the hell out of that thing too, wonderfully reliable. Too bad the new Hondas don't have the charm they used to have.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #18
aer0usa
Founding Member

I love my 04 CRF230F, and I think the 230M would be a lot of fun, if not the fastest sled on the hill. I think Honda has been optimistic with its pricing, should be bulletproof though.

The review mentions a kickstart, but I don't see it in the pictures, or on Honda's site.

No anchovies for me, thanks. But if Honda comes up with an XR650M...

Last edited by aer0usa : 08-28-2009 at 10:15 AM.
aer0usa is offline   Reply With Quote