Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
You should check into the ages of some of the best riders around the world, who are currently employed you might be surprised. Specially at the Isle. How old are you Kevin? Just for the story I love to have you misshift my six hundred and finish the race Any time you want to mossy on down to FL and take a stab let me know, but just for the story.
Heck maybe we can get Seruzawa and Longride to come out and take a ride on the six just to say they did Daytona. I think they even have a school in March?
I think the article said he was 43. Which reminds me of Mrs. O'Leary, who, when asked why she put exactly 239 beans in her soup, she repled "because laddie, one more bean would be two farty." She went on to say that she was farty and her husband was farty two.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #22
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
No career, just really good experience thats all. And besides my little rinky-dink track on a new bike isnt shyt compaired racing in the AMA. Some of the people that race AMA and the tactics they use are not good. Did the guy brush you when he zipped by?
Nah, the guy put a close inside pass on me in a corner, but I didn't see it as overly-aggressive and he didn't touch me. My bad, pure and simple!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #23
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Sigh, another fallen icon, another idol with feet of clay. Here I was, thinking our Fearless Editor was a grizzled yet sprightly semi-retired roadracer. Only to find his racing career to date consists of buzzing around go-kart tracks on a weed-wacker motored minibike.

But seriously, a really fun story, and major kudos to you for getting out there and making it happen. Especially now, at the dawn of your Geritol Years. I can relate to the shifter problem; my first ride on a Harley was my bro in-law's beloved chopped Sportster. The shifter was on the right and the brake on the left for some damn reason; I made that hardtail jump about 3 feet in the air several times as I jammed it down a gear without the clutch. He was ready to skin me alive by the time I got it back in the barn.

Looking forward to Part Deux!
Glad to have provided some measure of entertainment! It's one thing to provide info, it's another thing to make it fun to read.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #24
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk10759 View Post
Great read, I guess the new motor wouldn't bolt in due to the oil line changes between the 07-08 motors? Well I'll put my prayers in that Ole Dusty doesn't for you in part two.
Trust me, you couldn't feel worse than I did! Yeah, the replacement motor also wouldn't match up with the electronics we had, plus the heads were devoid of a valve train! As for how Dusty fared, I can't spoil the ending yet...
Old 08-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
You should check into the ages of some of the best riders around the world, who are currently employed you might be surprised. Specially at the Isle. How old are you Kevin? Just for the story I love to have you misshift my six hundred and finish the race Any time you want to mossy on down to FL and take a stab let me know, but just for the story.
Heck maybe we can get Seruzawa and Longride to come out and take a ride on the six just to say they did Daytona. I think they even have a school in March?
Thanks for offering up your bike for my high-rpm abuse, tho I'm pretty sure I don't want that to be my schtick! I would, however, love to hang with you guys one day!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #26
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[/size]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Thanks for offering up your bike for my high-rpm abuse, tho I'm pretty sure I don't want that to be my schtick! I would, however, love to hang with you guys one day!
TRACKDAY!!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #27
stk10759
Registered Member

Default Part 2 to Big Chief

It's October, when is part 2 coming out?
stk10759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #28
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk10759 View Post
It's October, when is part 2 coming out?
With any luck, October! The longer I wait, the more flattering the story becomes!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #29
stk10759
Registered Member

Default It's October, where's part 2

OK listen HD just killed Buell, those bastards, I need a cure for my depression post part 2 post haste.
stk10759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #30
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Hang it there. Lots of articles in my queue.