Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #21
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
How did I go around anything you just said, are you sure your not trying to avoid my direct statements? Just sayin? Quality Control? Bikes dont have roll cages? Differences between Suzukis, that Suzuki produces and Qlink "suzuki"produces? Does the name Artic cat ring a bell?

Yeah, Cat uses a few Suzook engines in some snowmobiles. Nothing else is Suzook in them. Besides, Cat will be making their own snowmobile engines in a few years. They already make their own ATV engines.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #22
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Nice little bike. I hope they sell a million of 'em.

China bought up all our old steel & cement mills back in the 1980's. I know, I arranged the export. The Chinese would send their own crew, who would fall on the old mill like ants, and within a week, it would all be gone, packed in 40 foot containers and loaded on COSCO ships.

Good luck America. The red tide is in. Not that it's a bad thing. Chinese Buicks are next. hahahhaha

Chinese Regal for 2010

Last edited by mscuddy : 08-23-2009 at 02:44 PM.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #23
culcune
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Brissette View Post
culcune,

Yer suspiciously well-written /informed for the average Interweb forum user. But nice to have you aboard, anyhow.
Thanks for the welcome! Believe it or not, I am a special education teacher, and own and ride a '84 Ascot VT500. However, I have been following and researching the Chinese bikes for about 4 years now, mainly through chinariders.net and mychinamoto.com. The guys (with a few gals) on those sites have alot of combined knowledge on the subject of all Chinese bikes, and there have been quite a few Guinea pigs along the way, including myself who once owned a Jetmoto GY200.

The Quingqi-based Qlink XF200 came on the scene a few years ago, and this was the bike that proved that China could produce a bike with reliability and decent quality. It had replaced Qlink's prior enduro which was a Zongshen Sierra 200-based bike which was a step above the common GY200's, but had quite a few quality issues itself, though not as many as the GY200's. But apparently enough to make Qlink find a better bike.

Again, alot of my knowledge comes from Carl Parker who, while not a motorcycle-industry insider, was rather an English professor living in China. He started the mychinamoto group while living in China, and several of the members on the site are European and N. American ex-pats currently living and working in China and giving us lots of first-hand knowledge of Chinese bikes that aren't yet available in the world besides China. Carl doesn't live in China anymore, but still keeps in touch with a few of the Chinese companies, and the one he had/has the best relationship with was Qingqi--hence my knowledge of this bike through him.

He is easy to get hold of through his group, and answers his emails, and responds to the threads personally, in spite of his busy schedule. And no, I am not him, LOL
culcune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #24
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Default QLINK Chinese Bikes

I for one will never buy a Chinese-made bike due to the events at Tiananmen Square in 1989. I don't care if they give them away for free.

As a rule, our family does not buy Chinese goods whenever possible (we try to buy American but I admit I do ride a Honda).

I hope when you make your choice in buying a bike, you consider the politics and actions of the government of the country you are supporting.

GOB
Old 08-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #25
qlinkmotor
Registered Member

Thumbs up Response from QLINK MOTOR

Thanks a lot to Motorcycle.com for such professional review. We have responded some questions in the review on our official blog at QLINK MOTOR BLOG Please check it out.

Last edited by Pete_Brissette : 08-24-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Fixed hyperlink
qlinkmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #26
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Nice little bike. I hope they sell a million of 'em.

China bought up all our old steel & cement mills back in the 1980's. I know, I arranged the export. The Chinese would send their own crew, who would fall on the old mill like ants, and within a week, it would all be gone, packed in 40 foot containers and loaded on COSCO ships.

Good luck America. The red tide is in. Not that it's a bad thing. Chinese Buicks are next. hahahhaha

Chinese Regal for 2010

Isn't this going to be the new La Crosse or some BS here?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #27
culcune
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatoldbikes View Post
I for one will never buy a Chinese-made bike due to the events at Tiananmen Square in 1989. I don't care if they give them away for free.

As a rule, our family does not buy Chinese goods whenever possible (we try to buy American but I admit I do ride a Honda).

I hope when you make your choice in buying a bike, you consider the politics and actions of the government of the country you are supporting.

GOB
I have had the same attitude of the Japanese from their "fair" trade practices in the 80's, and continuing till today. I have a friend who works in a dental supply company started by his father in the 1980's. He had unique equipment that a Japanese distributor was interested in picking up for the Japanese market. By gosh, it was always conveniently not allowed to be entered into Japan, but also conveniently, several months later, the equipment was manufactured in Japan, and his product was not allowed to compete.

Similar trade restrictions kept our cars out of Japan in the form of massive tarrifs tacked on to cars--remember that American cars have a sticker price advantage...I had always wondered how well their cars would have sold here if the price was twice as much under a "fair" trade agreement, yet their cars could be sold with very little tarrif. Hmmmmm
culcune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #28
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlinkmotor View Post
Thanks a lot to Motorcycle.com for such professional review. We have responded some questions in the review on our official blog at http://www.qlinkmtoroblog.com. Please check it out.
And Motorcycle.com greatly appreciates the additional insight to QLINK, and the general openness about QLINK.

--Pete B.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I have had the same attitude of the Japanese from their "fair" trade practices in the 80's, and continuing till today. I have a friend who works in a dental supply company started by his father in the 1980's. He had unique equipment that a Japanese distributor was interested in picking up for the Japanese market. By gosh, it was always conveniently not allowed to be entered into Japan, but also conveniently, several months later, the equipment was manufactured in Japan, and his product was not allowed to compete.

Similar trade restrictions kept our cars out of Japan in the form of massive tarrifs tacked on to cars--remember that American cars have a sticker price advantage...I had always wondered how well their cars would have sold here if the price was twice as much under a "fair" trade agreement, yet their cars could be sold with very little tarrif. Hmmmmm
Slight difference in that the Japanese govt since it's reorganization after WWII hasn't sent tanks to run over people who protest their govt. The Japanese don't make their citizens disappear into "re-education" camps in the dark of night without trial. And trials in Japanese courts aren't Stalinist show trials.

If someone is going to boycott a foreign nation because of trade protectionism then one isn't going to buy ANY foreign products since all nations engage in this to some degree.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #30
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Better learn to use chopsticks there Dr. S, and maybe become a authorized spare parts dealer for Qlink. The wave of the future...