Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

In Illinois, if you refuse to take a breathalizer test, you lose you license for 1 year. It is considered a gulity plea and you get that suspension of your license.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
In Illinois, if you refuse to take a breathalizer test, you lose you license for 1 year. It is considered a gulity plea and you get that suspension of your license.
Yeah they do the same thing in CA. However, you can ask for a test other than breathalyzer and they have to take you into the station and administer a blood test which makes things a little trickier during the trial. If you have alcohol in your blood of course.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

I don't think the laws are tough enough. I think that if you refuse a breathalyzer test the cops should be able to execute you on the spot and keep your vehicle. Drunk driving is a scourge and must be wiped out. Zero Tolerance. MADD forever. Make our highways safe. It's for the children. If it saves just one life.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #14
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Dang. Making a trike out of a CBX should be a Gitmo offense.
No way, man! That thing was badazz!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I don't think the laws are tough enough. I think that if you refuse a breathalyzer test the cops should be able to execute you on the spot and keep your vehicle. Drunk driving is a scourge and must be wiped out. Zero Tolerance. MADD forever. Make our highways safe. It's for the children. If it saves just one life.

Considering that the vast number of DUI fatalities are caused by repeat offenders I think 1 year in the can for a first offense, 5 years for a second and after that a short drop with a sudden stop is entirely reasonable. Drunks and drug addicts are the most worthless pieces of sh*t going.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Considering that the vast number of DUI fatalities are caused by repeat offenders I think 1 year in the can for a first offense, 5 years for a second and after that a short drop with a sudden stop is entirely reasonable. Drunks and drug addicts are the most worthless pieces of sh*t going.
All fatalities are caused by chronic repeat offenders. That's why I believe that anyone who is suspected of drunk driving should be waterboarded. That way even the people who don't drink and drive will know that we mean business. If it saves just one life it's worth it.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Specially if the life it saves is yours or a loved one. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy or tolerance for drunk drivers. Sit at home and boogie till you puke or call a cab, use a designated driver, what ever but get the f*ck off the road if your looped. I know you don't drink so I hope you don' take this as being directed towards you.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Specially if the life it saves is yours or a loved one. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy or tolerance for drunk drivers. Sit at home and boogie till you puke or call a cab, use a designated driver, what ever but get the f*ck off the road if your looped. I know you don't drink so I hope you don' take this as being directed towards you.
Absoultely. And I think we should go even further. All the immediate family members of anyone even suspected of a DWI should be sentenced to 5 years hard labor. We need to eradicate all possibilities that someone might possibly drive under the influence. At the same time of course we will do nothing about the millions of addicts on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #19
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Strictly speaking, holding family members hostage would go along way towards ensuring compliance. In fact if we instituted a program like Obama Youth who could actually patrol key areas and report potential violators before they had a chance to endanger Good Citizens the crime rate would no doubt drop by 1/2 at least

Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I recall something along the lines of the 'Obama Youth' was tried before. I can't remember where though.................