Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/12853-best-2009-motorcycles-year.html)

Administrator 08-14-2009 02:54 PM

Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year

Original Article:
Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

mog 08-14-2009 06:51 PM

Best of the year?

Me thinks Mr. Atlas & crew are still smarting from the Buell 1125R putting the hammer to their idea, the Kawasaki 600R Ninja was IT.

The 1125R ran all the tests and ate the competition as a Daytona Sport Bike and certainly made foolish, their original predictions that the Kawasaki would "mop the road" with the Buell.

Sour faced Steve "had to admit" the 1125R was noticeably better.

So, why not the Buell being in the place of the Ninja 600?

C'mon guys, man up! Stop playing "bury the Buell'.

Even journalists can be wrong, once in a while.

Buells=Rules

Pete_Brissette 08-14-2009 08:36 PM

Awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mog (Post 221760)
Me thinks Mr. Atlas & crew are still smarting from the Buell 1125R putting the hammer to their idea, the Kawasaki 600R Ninja was IT.

The 1125R ran all the tests and ate the competition as a Daytona Sport Bike and certainly made foolish, their original predictions that the Kawasaki would "mop the road" with the Buell.

Sour faced Steve "had to admit" the 1125R was noticeably better.

So, why not the Buell being in the place of the Ninja 600?

C'mon guys, man up! Stop playing "bury the Buell'.

Even journalists can be wrong, once in a while.

Buells=Rules

The very first post questioning our decisions. Yes! I KNEW I could count on the MO forum... ;)

Buzglyd 08-14-2009 09:03 PM

We're too busy looking for boobs in George's article and beating up on Ken.

Where are your priorities Peter!

briangorrell 08-14-2009 09:46 PM

Great read!

Always love these articles - just takes me away from reality for a little while!

But, my all time favorite quote on motorcycle.com:

"The Darth Vader of Scooters" 8-)

Brian

seruzawa 08-15-2009 05:15 AM

Usually "bike of the year" articles are interesting. Since the sport is so subjective these articles should be titled, "Bikes I liked the most." Seldom do I ever agree with any mag's findings simply because there is no such thing as a "Bike of the Year" or a "Man of the Year" or a "Best Movie" etc etc. However in this case there is in fact for once a real and true "Motorcycle of the Year" if there ever was one and that is the Triumph Street Triple. A friend has one and this is the sweetest ride around. The triple is so far above V-twins and I-4s in performance that the bike simply has to be ridden to be believed.

On the other hand how on Earth can something that isn't even a motorcycle be called the most eccentric motorcycle? Trikes look like bikes to some degree, but the Can-Am Spyder is not a motorcycle.

longride 08-15-2009 05:18 AM

Look, if The Duke says they are the best, then they are the best. There IS no argument against that.

Kevin_Duke 08-15-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 221781)
Look, if The Duke says they are the best, then they are the best. There IS no argument against that.

Now there's someone down with the program! :)

And, actually, the selections were a group effort.

And, no, the Spyder isn't a motorcycle, which we said in its write-up. But then again, many states classify it as a motorcycle, and you can't argue that it's not eccentric!

acecycleins 08-15-2009 11:49 AM

I like the spyder. I spend 1 hr driving 15 miles every day. Get's a little tedious (sp?) don't that on the K bike. The Spyder would allow for that open air rider feel with none of the holding up your bike while waiting for traffic to flow.

sarnali2 08-15-2009 12:06 PM

I would have put the new Wide Glide as best cruiser and the Triumph as runner up. Japanese cruiser just don't do it for me, look at the tank seam on that Suzuki.....you'll cut your fingers off on that thing it's so sharp.

The Touring class is also varied now, I wouldn't say an R1200RT was in the same class as a Winger, more like the K1200LT-Gold Wing - Harley Ultra and Victory Vision, the R1200RT is more in the FJR- Connie14 class...