Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #51
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro_biker View Post
On a general note: I often visit the forums to read, but SERIOUSLY... Grow a pair and GROW UP! Some of you obviously have nothing better to do. The first five posts in a review related thread concern the bike, all the other pages are nonsense and ridiculousness. I want to read first hand experience and other opinions, not total ranting bull****. So if you've got nothing to say, then don't...
But then MO would be barren and devoid of forum-content except for the occasional insane-rant by Idiot formerly-known as The GMP. Just like every OTHER moto-forum out there.

Now, where's my Binky...........?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #52
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
But then MO would be barren and devoid of forum-content except for the occasional insane-rant by Idiot formerly-known as The GMP. Just like every OTHER moto-forum out there.

Now, where's my Binky...........?
I think you need to GROW A PAIR AND GROW UP AIRHAWK!!!! If you don't have anything to say, then DON"T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #53
euro_biker
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If you don't have anything to say, then DON"T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!
Yeah yeah, all right... I overstated my point with that one. I wasn't trying to boss the forum-regulars around, I'm taking it back

But still, sometimes...
euro_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #54
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro_biker View Post
Yeah yeah, all right... I overstated my point with that one. I wasn't trying to boss the forum-regulars around, I'm taking it back

But still, sometimes...
Admittedly, we CAN go off-topic straight to hell, can't we?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #55
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

You guys sometimes remind me of the geezers in the balcony on the Muppet Show!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #56
newagetwotone
Registered Member
 
newagetwotone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,302
Default

Dude, off topic? who goes off topic...

Theres a squirrel sitting on my window and my cat is sitting there staring at it like a fat kid looks at double chocolate fudge cake

speaking of chocolate fudge cake, i had some chocolate fudge cookies the other day that were really awesome...

Theres some guy dressed up as a women on the TV, (s)he has cookies too


wik.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 AM   #57
Prof. Krepotkin
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7
Default

Sometimes the catagorization of motorcycles can lead to odd results. Case in point is the Ninja ZX-6R. While this may be a great 600 sportbike, I cannot ken how it can be a better sportbike than the ZX-10R, simply because the latter has so much more power and is at or near the top of its own class. I think one is mislead if one thinks the 6R is going to be a better ride than a 10R.
Prof. Krepotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 AM   #58
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Krepotkin View Post
Sometimes the catagorization of motorcycles can lead to odd results. Case in point is the Ninja ZX-6R. While this may be a great 600 sportbike, I cannot ken how it can be a better sportbike than the ZX-10R, simply because the latter has so much more power and is at or near the top of its own class. I think one is mislead if one thinks the 6R is going to be a better ride than a 10R.
Really? Ask ANY owner of a Daytona 675 if that is a better bike than the 955i. Just because you have a higher horsepower advantage doesn't make it a better bike. I know many Gixxer 750 owners that can mop the floor with guys on Gixxer 1000s.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #59
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Krepotkin View Post
Sometimes the catagorization of motorcycles can lead to odd results. Case in point is the Ninja ZX-6R. While this may be a great 600 sportbike, I cannot ken how it can be a better sportbike than the ZX-10R, simply because the latter has so much more power and is at or near the top of its own class. I think one is mislead if one thinks the 6R is going to be a better ride than a 10R.
Proper categorization is indeed a conundrum, but lines have to be drawn somewhere, and we didn't want to have to subdivide major categories into dozens of smaller ones.

An important note about the ZX-6R is that is is markedly superior to the other excellent 600s. In the literbike class, the competition is much closer. Also, I can name several smaller racetracks on which the little 6R could beat the 10R, and that's an environment in which throttles are often twisted wide open.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #60
pplassm
Founding Member
 
pplassm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Dude, off topic? who goes off topic...

Theres a squirrel sitting on my window and my cat is sitting there staring at it like a fat kid looks at double chocolate fudge cake

speaking of chocolate fudge cake, i had some chocolate fudge cookies the other day that were really awesome...

Theres some guy dressed up as a women on the TV, (s)he has cookies too
Addicted to tweeting, are we?
__________________
Mongo just pawn in game of life.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off