Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Jardine RT-One Slip-On Exhaust Install

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//products/jardine-rtone-slipon-exhaust-install-88654.html">Jardine RT-One Slip-On Exhaust Install</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Jardine RT-One Slip-On Exhaust Install in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Irony!!!!!

What does an independent Dyno say?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
Administrator
Administrator

I havent had time to do the dyno yet. I will hopefully be getting there within a Month or so.

Stew
Kawasaki Forum |
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Was This Planned,...

Dont bother, slip-ons dont give you any usable power? Its useless Right Seruzawa?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Dont bother, slip-ons dont give you any usable power? Its useless Right Seruzawa?
Yep, that's right, that's exactly what I said. You bet. Got me there. You are really perceptive.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Enlighten me then if thats not your claim?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Full systems are the way to go - getting rid of the trio of corks shoved up my FZ1's ass (2 cat converters and the EXUP valve) by way of an Akrapovic full exhaust and mapping for it via a PCIII really woke it up. More power, more response. Almost scarily so. Ivan's dyno charts have it gaining about 20 hp from 6,000 rpm to the limiter. It feels like it. Even in thin air Colorado, the thing is capable of a 100 mph wheelie. Found that out, once

Slip ons are cool looking and add response, but kind of a waste. Full exhausts are worth it more than ever these days.

Last edited by Duken4evr : 08-19-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:05 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Enlighten me then if thats not your claim?
I've explained it in plain English several times. Your lack of reading comprehension is not my problem.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Sorry I just like hearing it again, makes me laugh alot.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
amac
Registered Member

Default Lacking build quality

I have had this pipe installed on my 07 cbr 600 since july 08' until current (nov 09). in that time i have out about 40,000km on my bike with only 1 track day. I did a cross country trip which accounted for about 17,000km but basically my pipe fell apart.

First the end cap fell off. it fell off after about 11 months. Jardine only has a 90 day warrenty so this wasnt covered. Now the pipe has a flat end, and sounds slightly off. no big deal. i think it sounds cool. But it still shouldnt have happened. This happened BEFORE the track day

Second, the steel bracket at the rear bottom of the pipe came loose. This braket holds the wrap in place and secures the back plate. All the screws just came out. Now it vibrates out of control and sounds terrible.

Lastly, the pipe actually does look awesome and does work well. the isntall was easy but i don't think it's worth it in the end, after 700$ cad and less then 1 year of good use. I keep my bike well maintained and ride a lot. 63000km in 2 years on a cbr 600 is a lot! sore ass. Everything on my bike lasted well except that can. I have an 03 tailight, hindle race headers, power commander, multi function hub with map switch (fuel saver works awesome for those long rides), K&N air filter, HID lights, pazzo levers, galfer braided lines and a flat black paint job. Next year the bike is coming off the road and getting ready for track only. Just gotta find a new can!
amac is offline   Reply With Quote