Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Model Line-Up Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/12644-2010-harley-davidson-cvo-model-line-up-preview.html)

Administrator 07-25-2009 10:05 AM

2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Model Line-Up Preview

Original Article:
2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Model Line-Up Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Model Line-Up Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 07-25-2009 03:02 PM

Nice write up Fonzie! CVOs are amazing bikes, no doubt. Then again, for 30 large they'd better be...

What kind of Sportster do you have?

mscuddy 07-25-2009 03:30 PM

Nice article there Fonz, that Fat Bob is excellent looking...except for that exposed paper air filter, that will pass about as much air as a can of peaches when it's wet. I guess it's not an "all weather" vehicle.

Ah, to potato potatoe around again...of is that pototto? Whatever.

Buzglyd 07-25-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 219831)
Nice article there Fonz, that Fat Bob is excellent looking...except for that exposed paper air filter, that will pass about as much air as a can of peaches when it's wet. I guess it's not an "all weather" vehicle.

There is an accessory one available that is made from a pellet can.

mscuddy 07-25-2009 05:04 PM

Chromed of course...

The_AirHawk 07-25-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 219831)

Don't be so certain - there's an open-element on my Bullitt; no problems in 23k miles even in driving-rain. But the "paper" isn't actually paper, but a sythetic fibre, and is supposed to be washable and reusable.

MOKE1K 07-26-2009 07:29 AM

"Custom Vibration Operation"? I will say one thing or maybe two, Harley Davidson's paint jobs are impeccable. The other thing I found amazingly odd when I entered the racing part of Harleys web site was nothing about the Roadracing? Nothing did I miss it?

Buzglyd 07-26-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 219861)
"Custom Vibration Operation"? I will say one thing or maybe two, Harley Davidson's paint jobs are impeccable. The other thing I found amazingly odd when I entered the racing part of Harleys web site was nothing about the Roadracing? Nothing did I miss it?

H-D isn't involved in Road racing Moke. I guess flat track and drag racing isn't racing to you.

MOKE1K 07-26-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 219862)
H-D isn't involved in Road racing Moke. I guess flat track and drag racing isn't racing to you.

I believe that is their problem, they need to be involved in roadracing. Maybe thats why they can never compete, the Factory is not involved.
You'd think because they have so much racing heritage they would want to dominate all forms of 2wheeled racing. Guess they dont consider roadracing, real racing? And for your ignorant comment you get this,...Where do you think most of the American roadracers started from.

A little bit more history for you is Harley "was" involved in roadracing with a Factory machine dont you remember the VR1000? I think that was a Harley!

longride 07-26-2009 07:49 AM

"Where do you think most of the American roadracers started from. "

Flattrack racing. Most of them started there.