Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

View Poll Results: Aftermarket exhaust, when do you decide to buy it?
Before buying a bike 0 0%
After bought a bike 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #41
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Actually, the last time we were faced with this topic Performace won, by a landslide?"

That's because we all know that 170 horsepower machine needs that extra 4 horsepower to really make the scene!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #42
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[quote=seruzawa;220034]Maybe people remember you coming on here and lumping all non-racers as incompetent.

Of course there are different types of bikers but one notices the most glaring ones and, trust me, all Joe Drone in his Buick needs to see is one stunter wheelieing at 90 mph with a racing Muzzy and he will most assuredly lump all motorcyclists with loud pipes together as dangerous idiots. How many times have you heard cagers call all sportbikes "bullet bikes" and rattle on about how dangerous they are? When the pols ban bikes these guys will all say "It's about time." If put to a public vote today I can assure you the general public would vote to ban sportbikes. I can tell the difference between a squid, a stunter and a serious rider. You can too. They can't. And they outnumber us drastically.

Firstly I stated that the skill an average rider has doesnt compair to a racers riding skill. I never said they were incompetent I said they dont have as much skill as an average person that races.

I also realize that non riders do sometimes lump all of us together? But thats just the point Iam making. Why be as blind as the average cager? Why not be different and make an intelligant prognosis and realize thats just one idiot, and their are going to be idiots everywhere. Cant we be smarter than the average polotician, Iam sure they see themselves as intelligent?

Oh and people here call them crotch rockets, Iv only heard bullet bikes twice.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Actually, the last time we were faced with this topic Performace won, by a landslide? Their was a poll and everything dood?
I don't give a shyt what some poll sez. You see, I move around and observe reality and I hear all those backfiring loud pipes that waaaay outnumber the properly jetted/mapped ones. My seat of the pants observation is that most pipers lose performance and are doing it for other reasons than performance.

Just because idiots think they have better performance doesn't mean they actually do. I see them in the canyons and on the streets and not one is using a stopwatch.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #44
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Actually, the last time we were faced with this topic Performace won, by a landslide?"

That's because we all know that 170 horsepower machine needs that extra 4 horsepower to really make the scene!
Well no not really. Its just because you opinion is not the majority.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #45
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I don't give a shyt what some poll sez. You see, I move around and observe reality and I hear all those backfiring loud pipes that waaaay outnumber the properly jetted/mapped ones. My seat of the pants observation is that most pipers lose performance and are doing it for other reasons than performance.

Just because idiots think they have better performance doesn't mean they actually do. I see them in the canyons and on the streets and not one is using a stopwatch.
Just pointing out your opinion at least here on that last poll, wasnt the popular vote. Its fine to have your own opinion, just dont get pissed when its not the majority.

And besides backfiring is normal on decel?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Well no not really. Its just because you opinion is not the majority.
Majority opinions are not necessarily the honest or correct ones. I would love to see a performance exhaust that added performance and lost weight, yet was quieter than stock. I bet they wouldn't even sell one. I've been around long enough to know that that vast majority of people want the bike they ride to make more noise, and that includes sportbike riders in case you want to point only at the Harley guys. With the performance of the modern sportibkes and with the advent of switches on them that actually reduce performance, I would say that NOISE is #1 regardless of what people 'say'. They don't want to admit it is all.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #47
mugwump58
Registered Member

Ooo, ooo, I'll take one of those quiet as and lighter than stock, actually two.

OK I'll go sit back down now.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Just pointing out your opinion at least here on that last poll, wasnt the popular vote. Its fine to have your own opinion, just dont get pissed when its not the majority.

And besides backfiring is normal on decel?
I'm not pissed at all. I know bullshytters when I see 'em. And, no, backfiring is not "normal". Blam pow! It's poor jetting/mapping.

Last edited by seruzawa : 07-28-2009 at 10:17 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #49
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Majority opinions are not necessarily the honest or correct ones. I would love to see a performance exhaust that added performance and lost weight, yet was quieter than stock. I bet they wouldn't even sell one. I've been around long enough to know that that vast majority of people want the bike they ride to make more noise, and that includes sportbike riders in case you want to point only at the Harley guys. With the performance of the modern sportibkes and with the advent of switches on them that actually reduce performance, I would say that NOISE is #1 regardless of what people 'say'. They don't want to admit it is all.
Agreed, those opinions arent the most accurate ones. I believe that most people do want sound and that is all they install it for, agreed. I also agree most dont need the extra power.

Iam not only pointing out the Harley guys its just that their exhaust are alot louder at lower speeds. Wasnt it some burnt out harley rider that invented the saying" Loud pipes save lives"? For me its mostly about getting rid of the off idle stumble when you drive it off from a dead stop or more importantly when your picking the bike back up to drive out of a turn. I certainly dont care about the looks or the over all top speed. The bike runs like it should after the insstallation is completed. Thats what I want out of an exhaust and custom map. Of course I can only speak for me but I see alot of what your talking about at the shop. Idiots,yes.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-28-2009 at 10:14 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #50
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump58 View Post
Ooo, ooo, I'll take one of those quiet as and lighter than stock, actually two.

OK I'll go sit back down now.

Good stuff.