Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

View Poll Results: Aftermarket exhaust, when do you decide to buy it?
Before buying a bike 0 0%
After bought a bike 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #31
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Maybe if you werent a loud piped squid people here would agree with you once in a while.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #32
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
No, if they passed a law and prohibited all exhausts then I would abide by the law and remove it? Again your grouping me up with people that dont obey the law and catagorizing me with that type of person. Maybe the problem is just that, you think everyone with an exhaust pipe pisses non motorcyclist off. I dont believe that, I believe that people who wheelie down highways, lane split, run from cops, and stunt on public roads are who your mistaking me for. Iam not the person who gives motorcyclist a bad name those people are. Now I will agree on Harley riders that drill out their baffles piss alot of people off. Theirs a big difference in decibel levels between those two types of bikes. Trust me I get your point.
No, I don't believe you do.

But MOKE - I'm not gonna hold that against you. I'm along the lines of longride, and think you're an OK guy. I don't know if he's being facetious when he says it; but I'm not.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #33
Mivv
Registered Member

IMHO there are several reasons a guy want to buy an aftermarket exhaust:
- sound
- performance
- design
- originality
- lightness

are among those reasons. IMHO again, this reasons are valid for all kind of bikes, from 50cc till 160CV.

My 2 cents...
www.mivv.it
Mivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #34
mugwump58
Registered Member

My interest in a after market exhaust is two fold:
1. Reduce weight, without increasing noise.
2. Lack of washing and waxing means they are starting to show signs of rust.

A cursory search shows that I'll be looking for a parted out bike probably next year. Of course I could alway smear the cans with peanut butter but then again here we have free range skunks.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #35
pplassm
Founding Member

I believe it is relevant to note that the OP is selling stuff in the EU. They are not allowed to sell exhaust systems that exceed gov't mandated levels. This may be why he/she does not appear to understand our objections.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
No, I don't believe you do.

But MOKE - I'm not gonna hold that against you. I'm along the lines of longride, and think you're an OK guy. I don't know if he's being facetious when he says it; but I'm not.
MOKE is cool. He just ain't there yet, ya know? He'll get there. Airhawk, don't every call me facetious. I never do that in public.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivv View Post
IMHO there are several reasons a guy want to buy an aftermarket exhaust:
- sound
- performance
- design
- originality
- lightness

are among those reasons. IMHO again, this reasons are valid for all kind of bikes, from 50cc till 160CV.

My 2 cents...
Maybe but here's the reason 90% of people buy exhausts.

Appearance (sound and looks)

Performance and weight is a poor second.

Originality? You're kidding right? Bolting on the product someone else invented is not originality in any way, shape or form.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #38
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I guess you missed the point, MOKE.

The state you live in has all of those things, brought on by exactly that attitude: "I'll do it until they pass a law taking my bike away, I don't care HOW antisocial my behaviour is. And when they do - I'll just go on to some other Hobby and ruin it for everyone else, too."

I'm not a Politician. I hate 'em, 'cuz 99.99% give the other 0.01% a bad name. If there is ONE class of "people" I can be said to truly hate on this planet, it's Pols. Don't give a **** what colour their skin is, what their ethnic-heritage is, or what sex they are. By their nature; those that seek power are entirely unworthy to wield it.
Then why does it seem that your using the same methods the politicians use to group all motorcyclists together and then pass some stupid law without really judging all of them. Sure their are always going to be some bad seeds on the street. And trust me they ride all kinds of Motorcycles. This was one reason I choose to ride/race on a track instead of the street. I realized by speeding around on even the most desolate back caynon roads you can piss people off.

Thats why Iam involved in groups like ABATE Of Florida so politicians and innocent motorists dont take our rights away. And also make sure we are not stereo typed by other people like yourself. Just because I choose an aftermarket exhaust for performance and weght savings doesnt mean I dont care about my neighbors, Iam still curtious.
Besides more than half my neighborhood has some type of dirtbike, scooter, motorcycle, or atv, which I sold them. Gosh what happened to the rebellious nature of riding motorcycles in the first place? I believe I understand what your saying, I just dont agree. Thats ok isnt it? Or is that not acceptable along with my exhaust aswell?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Then why does it seem that your using the same methods the politicians use to group all motorcyclists together and judge them. Sure their are always going to be some bad seeds on the street. And trust me they ride all kinds of Motorcycles. This was one reason I choose to ride/race on a track instead of the street. I realized by speeding around on even the most desolate back caynon roads you can piss people off.

Thats why Iam involved in groups like ABATE Of Florida so politicians and innocent motorists dont take our rights away. And also make sure we are not stereo typed by other people like yourself. Just because I choose an aftermarket exhaust for performance and weght savings doesnt mean I dont care about my neighbors, Iam still curtious.
Besides more than half my neighborhood has some type of dirtbike, scooter, motorcycle, or atv, which I sold them. Gosh what happened to the rebellious nature of riding motorcycles in the first place? I believe I understand what your saying, I just dont agree. Thats ok isnt it? Or is that not acceptable along with my exhaust aswell?
Maybe people remember you coming on here and lumping all non-racers as incompetent.

Of course there are different types of bikers but one notices the most glaring ones and, trust me, all Joe Drone in his Buick needs to see is one stunter wheelieing at 90 mph with a racing Muzzy and he will most assuredly lump all motorcyclists with loud pipes together as dangerous idiots. How many times have you heard cagers call all sportbikes "bullet bikes" and rattle on about how dangerous they are? When the pols ban bikes these guys will all say "It's about time." If put to a public vote today I can assure you the general public would vote to ban sportbikes. I can tell the difference between a squid, a stunter and a serious rider. You can too. They can't. And they outnumber us drastically.

“Money is the barometer of a society’s virtue. When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion—when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing—when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed. Money is so noble a medium that is does not compete with guns and it does not make terms with brutality. It will not permit a country to survive as half-property, half-loot.” –Ayn Rand
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #40
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Maybe but here's the reason 90% of people buy exhausts.

Appearance (sound and looks)

Performance and weight is a poor second.

Originality? You're kidding right? Bolting on the product someone else invented is not originality in any way, shape or form.
Actually, the last time we were faced with this topic Performace won, by a landslide? Their was a poll and everything dood?