Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

View Poll Results: Aftermarket exhaust, when do you decide to buy it?
Before buying a bike 0 0%
After bought a bike 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #21
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivv View Post
Aftermarket exhaust, when do you decide to buy it?
What type of bike do you have? Your probably not going to get any positive feedback in here about adding an aftermarket exhaust to your bike. With the exception of myself. Personally I dont care what my neighbors think when I fire her up in the morning, coarse the dealership doesnt even open until 9:00. Besides even at 6:00 shes not that loud. My decision is based off saving weight and gaining much better response.

Getting to your question, I like to ride the bike stock until around 1500 miles then add the exhaust. That way Iam pretty familiar with the bikes power and will notice improvements. You can improve on any
bikes performance by adding an exhaust with the proper remapping/or rejet. Just depends if the expense is worth it too you.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #22
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

But you're That Guy, MOKE: The one every ass hole Politician aims anti-bike-exhaust Legislature at: The one they aim the $1000-fine anti-bike-custom-plate Legislature at: The one they aim the go-to-jail-and-lose-your-bike-for-a-120-mph-wheelie-on-the-Freeway Legislature at............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah, us luddites figger that noobs should spend a couple grand on training and suspension before they toss money down the least cost-effective modification in the world. It's better to quietly leave your buddies in the dust than blare at them from behind.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #24
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
But you're That Guy, MOKE: The one every ass hole Politician aims anti-bike-exhaust Legislature at: The one they aim the $1000-fine anti-bike-custom-plate Legislature at: The one they aim the go-to-jail-and-lose-your-bike-for-a-120-mph-wheelie-on-the-Freeway Legislature at............
Sorry officier Airhawk I dont do 120mph wheelies down the highway, those are squids who need to learn how to ride!!! And until they implement a decibel level in my state Ill have an exhaust. Thank you. And for the record you sound like a politician thats grouping all motorcyclist in a specific group. You really dont resemble or sound like one of us a motorcyclist?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #25
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yeah, us luddites figger that noobs should spend a couple grand on training and suspension before they toss money down the least cost-effective modification in the world. It's better to quietly leave your buddies in the dust than blare at them from behind.
Ok so Iv taken multiple race schools and raced for over 10yrs on and off when I had the money. And Iv also installed full front suspension and rear and set the sag. Why wouldnt I get an exhaust? Why not blare my buddies from behind with a little noise to boot?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #26
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Sorry officier Airhawk I dont do 120mph wheelies down the highway, those are squids who need to learn how to ride!!! And until they implement a decibel level in my state Ill have an exhaust. Thank you. And for the record you sound like a politician thats grouping all motorcyclist in a specific group. You really dont resemble or sound like one of us a motorcyclist?
I guess you missed the point, MOKE.

The state you live in has all of those things, brought on by exactly that attitude: "I'll do it until they pass a law taking my bike away, I don't care HOW antisocial my behaviour is. And when they do - I'll just go on to some other Hobby and ruin it for everyone else, too."

I'm not a Politician. I hate 'em, 'cuz 99.99% give the other 0.01% a bad name. If there is ONE class of "people" I can be said to truly hate on this planet, it's Pols. Don't give a **** what colour their skin is, what their ethnic-heritage is, or what sex they are. By their nature; those that seek power are entirely unworthy to wield it.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 07-26-2009 at 02:34 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Actually Moke, Airhawk reflects my attitude to a T, in a street enviroment the only thing loud pipes do is piss off non-motorcyclists and show everyone how small your d*ck is. "stunta's are nothing but a bunch of ******* who will basically sh*tbomb any positive opinions left in the non-riding world and then move on the the next "thing " and leave us motorcyclists that actually use our bikes as a valid form of transportation holding the bag of oppressive legislation and insurance costs. Further, I do care what my neighbors think, just as they care what I think. It's called respect. I don't rattle their windows at 0-dark-thirty with my drag pipes and they don't rattle mine at 10 pm with their selection of 70's disco hits........

Your antics and attitudes effect all of us, just as ours effect you and your livelyhood. Suzuki is pretty sportbike heavy in their line up, what do you think will happen to your job when sales drop in response to a sportbike ban?

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #28
newagetwotone
Registered Member

^MOKE^

you may now continue arguing with your brick wall.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #29
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I guess you missed the point, MOKE.

The state you live in has all of those things, brought on by exactly that attitude: "I'll do it until they pass a law taking my bike away, I don't care HOW antisocial my behaviour is. And when they do - I'll just go on to some other Hobby and ruin it for everyone else, too."

I'm not a Politician. I hate 'em, 'cuz 99.99% give the other 0.01% a bad name. If there is ONE class of "people" I can be said to truly hate on this planet, it's Pols. Don't give a **** what colour their skin is, what their ethnic-heritage is, or what sex they are. By their nature; those that seek power are entirely unworthy to wield it.
No, if they passed a law and prohibited all exhausts then I would abide by the law and remove it? Again your grouping me up with people that dont obey the law and catagorizing me with that type of person. Maybe the problem is just that, you think everyone with an exhaust pipe pisses non motorcyclist off. I dont believe that, I believe that people who wheelie down highways, lane split, run from cops, and stunt on public roads are who your mistaking me for. Iam not the person who gives motorcyclist a bad name those people are. Now I will agree on Harley riders that drill out their baffles piss alot of people off. Theirs a big difference in decibel levels between those two types of bikes. Trust me I get your point.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #30
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post

^MOKE^

you may now continue arguing with your brick wall.
Why do you care you just agree with the majority anyway? You remind me of the little kid that when after the real fightings done you come and kick the guy whens hes down and say. " YEAH and dont come back or you'll get more of the same"! The Little Chiwawa.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-27-2009 at 08:15 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote