Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Kawasaki KLR650 Project Bike: Part 4 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/12573-kawasaki-klr650-project-bike-part-4-a.html)

Administrator 07-17-2009 12:49 PM

Kawasaki KLR650 Project Bike: Part 4

Original Article:
Kawasaki KLR650 Project Bike: Part 4

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Kawasaki KLR650 Project Bike: Part 4 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

mscuddy 07-17-2009 04:04 PM

Too heavy. I buddy of mine has a KLR, and once he laid it down in a sandwash, no big deal. When he went to pick it up, his right bicep muscle detached from the bone, and rolled up like a lampshade.

You could hear the scream for miles, like a wounded buffalo. And this was no wimp rider either, a manly man.

Ouch. That's heavy.

newagetwotone 07-17-2009 05:14 PM

I say take off the beak, Gag.

mscuddy 07-17-2009 06:57 PM

Hey, what was I thinking..

...a great bike for going South of the border.

Just don't get stuck in Tampico with no money, and let a guy named Pat McCormick offer you a job working on oil rigs.

Also, there's a great little place named the Oso Negro that has cots for 5 centavos a night...

Kenneth_Moore 07-17-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 219111)
I say take off the beak, Gag.

Gosh no! If you squeeze it, it honks like Bozo's nose.

newagetwotone 07-17-2009 08:44 PM

lmao, well then ok maybe. Honestly i dislike most of the beaks on bikes, the Duck Hypermoto being an exception.

The_AirHawk 07-17-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 219105)
Too heavy. I buddy of mine has a KLR, and once he laid it down in a sandwash, no big deal. When he went to pick it up, his right bicep muscle detached from the bone, and rolled up like a lampshade.

You could hear the scream for miles, like a wounded buffalo. And this was no wimp rider either, a manly man.

Ouch. That's heavy.

Did it make a "Twang! Fwipfwipfwipfwipfwip......" sound?

mscuddy 07-18-2009 02:47 PM

Yes, it made that "flapata flapata flapata, urk..." noise. Was kind of funny actually, like a cartoon. The doc's stapled 'em back on, so he's OK now. Traded the KLR for a Katoom 525 EXC.

longride 07-18-2009 03:16 PM

It's kinda hard to believe this bike weighs almost 500 big ones. Gotta be hell in the sand!

seruzawa 07-19-2009 03:35 PM

Could be worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 219105)

Ouch. That's heavy.

Could hear the screams from buyers of the new 4-stroke MXers. Must be lots of them by now as they learn that a $120 job on a two-striker is going to cost about $3000 on their works-type 4-strokes.

I say this because I was out riding my IT175 Saturday and managed to seize it. I guess I had it a little lean and it didn't like the 4 mile 60mph run up a slight grade. New piston/ring set? $80. Bore job? $40. Back in the dirt in a couple of weeks. Gotta love it.

I'll give up my two-stroke dirtbikes when they pry them form my cold dead fingers. At least my buddy on his XR250 won't be embarrassed by having his @ss kicked by a 31 year old IT175 next week. LOL! Who even cares about watching 4-stroke dirt racing? May as well watch slugs race.