Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

View Poll Results: When you buy an exhaust, what do you look for?
Sound 0 0%
Design 1 20.00%
Performance 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Thats totally not on topic when your taking a poll, thats your assumption. You seem to have this percentage theory because thats all you see around you. And trust me I dont ride for my buddies infact I usually ride on my own most times. That sounds like you.

The other major point your wrong about is the fact that only a pro rider can ride a bike to its potential, again maybe thats your enviornment. These assumptions you have could be solved if you would just take a trackday, then atleast you'll have a good idea of what riding a bike to its fullest potentail even consists of, I believe I do.

But if your theory is correct and only pro riders that win races can ride their bikes to their full potential then that means that ever pro racer who hasnt won a race cant ride the bike to 100%? See how inexperienced that sounds. Even if I cant I have much more of an understanding and what it takes then you ever will!

The reason I purchase an exhaust system for my bikes are my reasons, mostly for weight savings, but catagorizing everyone in a certain group makes you very closed minded, typical of people your age. And just so you know I have always installed suspension first before power. I have about 3300.00 in suspension on my street bike, that frequents the track. Its helped me cut 5sec off my lap times. Always the hateful guy with the hateful statments.

So..................does all that mean you and me are tied with zero wins on the pro racing circuit or what??

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I don't buy them any more. They don't give enough gain to make much difference considering the cost. The 70's are long gone. Even a slip on will run you $400 and you will gain next to nothing. Better to spend money making the bike more comfortable or better handling. Even if you gain a few hp, so what? There's a noticeable difference between 140 and 143 hp? No way.

Better yet. Spend the money on track days. You'll be a lot faster. Your buddies can brag about how great their bikes sound as they watch your tail light disappear.
I agree on making the bike more comfortable without a doubt that makes you go faster on your favorite canyon road or racetrack. The biggest reason I purchased any exhaust is for weight saving's, the exhaust's of today can save you around 15lbs from stock form. For me thats a major reason. It makes the bike handle better like Seruzawa stated. Although that milli secound you gain with a ex. and a properly tuned custom map the response from off throttle to on throttle is a big commodity w/sportbikes and a hugh advantage. Sound usually attracks the wrong attention anyway, and rather then profiling like 99.9% of people out their would do, I'd take the stealth mode without sacrificing the performance. Just like the people's poll has stated. "It's at the top of the page if you need the referance",....LR!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 06-25-2009 at 08:10 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #23
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So..................does all that mean you and me are tied with zero wins on the pro racing circuit or what??
No that means you couldnt even carry my jock dude, sorry....on a track!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #24
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Oh I think performance just took the lead!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Come on just come down to sunny Florida and stay at Kens House and I'll meet you at Moroso? You can send your Sporty through tech inspection, providing it doesnt have any oil dripping from it and it'll be all good!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 06-25-2009 at 07:06 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
Buzglyd
Founding Member

A hole in the back.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I have to call BS on this one Moke, how the f*ck is an aftermarket can going to save weight on a modern sportbike, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda and Ducati all come stock with tuned Ti cans, no way dog. I won't even comment on the 15 lb weight thing, I doubt if my stock HD Touring cans weigh 15 lbs ea...

People put aftermarket cans on streetbikes for noise and looks, end of story.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
No that means you couldnt even carry my jock dude, sorry....on a track!
But we are still tied nonetheless!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:56 AM   #29
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I have to call BS on this one Moke, how the f*ck is an aftermarket can going to save weight on a modern sportbike, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda and Ducati all come stock with tuned Ti cans, no way dog. I won't even comment on the 15 lb weight thing, I doubt if my stock HD Touring cans weigh 15 lbs ea...

People put aftermarket cans on streetbikes for noise and looks, end of story.
Well the next time your in a Suzuki dealership you need to take a look at the GSXR1000 which is mostly why I changed the exhaust. It has two hugh dual exhaust canisters plus youve got the catalytic converter, all weighting in around 10-15lbs. you'll see that Iam very accurate.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Well the next time your in a Suzuki dealership you need to take a look at the GSXR1000 which is mostly why I changed the exhaust. It has two hugh dual exhaust canisters plus youve got the catalytic converter, all weighting in around 10-15lbs. you'll see that Iam very accurate.

And how much faster did that make you on the track compared to the stock bike in real terms?