Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Excellent job, I'd like to have a Uly for a fun bike along with all the others on the list of course. My bud's XB9R has held up pretty well, pretty cool bike.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
You're like a brick wall Moke. It's annoying. Speaking of facts, you always seem to forget the very fact that 99.9% of the bikes that all manufacturers build are destined to wear a license plate.

As for the guy who puts risers on his supersport for comfort...what's the point of an uncomfortable bike to begin with? And as far as Mr. Britten goes, I would certainly dish out all the praise I have, but I wouldn't "save" it for him. You mean to tell me you would shake hands with Mr. Buell and tell him he's no Britten?
Why thank you. Just because they hold a license plate doesnt mean its not a racebike? If you want a bike for comfort you shouldn't pick a racebike, with a plate? Now thats annoying, to each his own i suppose, but I dont have stop laughing. I take nothing away from E.Buell he has achieved success where others have tried and failed. My hats off to him. Doesnt need I hav to like the bikes. Sure I'd shake his hand, yours?
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

If you havent figured out that sportbike technology is derived directly from the race track, your in denial. Even your Buell.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
robret
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
Default

in the section, picture. " elvis is in the building". any body figure out what the heck is in that cardboard box?

yes. the RW was banned from playing with the other bikes. i can't imangine how danny must feel, since he was told if you want to play here. you must now carry some extra weight . we don't want to p.o. the nice people.
i guess no body wants to see a repeat of what happened in moto gp a few years back. when a certain talented rider was combined with a new red bike. (not to be confused with team red.)
robret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #15
mugwump58
Registered Member
 
mugwump58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 591
Default

Nice long video. I saw Mr. Duke on it

GabeUnchained
__________________
STN refugee
mugwump58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
tripleripple
Founding Member
 
tripleripple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
If you havent figured out that sportbike technology is derived directly from the race track, your in denial. Even your Buell.
HA! Have you seen my motor?? And that must be the ONLY technology you're talking about, right?. I'd hate to have to point out all the zero times you harp about any other components (in other words, you only ever tout a four cylinder engine, not the frames, swingarms, suspensions, brakes, and tires associated with those engines). So, to answer that point, no, absolutely no technology derived from the track went into my Buell, who's powerplant was cemented in...when, guys, I really don't know. 1950's? 60's?

Last edited by tripleripple : 06-20-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: ad hominem attack removed because deep down, Moke is a good guy
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

well....ahem... the basic architecture came out in 1952 with the K model side-valve, that evolved in '57 to the OHV Sportster so your engine as a an OHV unit construction began in '57, incidently to counter those blazingly fast OHV twins from England that were cleaning up in racing..
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #18
tripleripple
Founding Member
 
tripleripple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
well....ahem... the basic architecture came out in 1952 with the K model side-valve, that evolved in '57 to the OHV Sportster so your engine as a an OHV unit construction began in '57, incidently to counter those blazingly fast OHV twins from England that were cleaning up in racing..
Thank you kind sir. Erm, fat lemon.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Thank god they have special rules that allow it to be competitive.

Sorry, couldnt resist.
Moke, you can't know as much as you say you do about racing and not know that "special rules" have been the name of the game ever since there has been racing. Even the vaunted MotoGP has different weights for different cylinder configurations. All racing rules are arbitrary. Even the ones you agree with. There's no divine inspiration involved. It's just human beings setting up rules and then trying to cook them to their own advantage.

God didn't mandate displacement categories, humans did.

Though he did intend that the proper way to power a car is through the rear wheels.....
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #20
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Thumbs up Speak the truth, my bother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Moke, you can't know as much as you say you do about racing and not know that "special rules" have been the name of the game ever since there has been racing. Even the vaunted MotoGP has different weights for different cylinder configurations. All racing rules are arbitrary. Even the ones you agree with. There's no divine inspiration involved. It's just human beings setting up rules and then trying to cook them to their own advantage.

God didn't mandate displacement categories, humans did.

Though he did intend that the proper way to power a car is through the rear wheels.....
... and this is the gospel according to Seuzawa. Amen.
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off