Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R vs. Triumph Daytona 675 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/12234-2009-kawasaki-zx-6r-vs-triumph-daytona-675-a.html)

Administrator 06-12-2009 01:24 PM

2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R vs. Triumph Daytona 675

Original Article:
2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R vs. Triumph Daytona 675

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R vs. Triumph Daytona 675 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

jmdonald 06-12-2009 02:20 PM

Glad

Glad you added the Triumph to the comparison. Stellar review as always. You guys always seem to touch on all the right features.

The_AirHawk 06-12-2009 02:24 PM

Good article, nicely shot and edited video, Fonzie. - Duke; you're really starting to look "comfortable" with a monologue in front of the camera. Still doin' the peepee dance a bit, but overall about 10,000% better than the first time I saw you in a vid. I'd only worry about it if you want a career as the host of The Tonight Show, or were gonna co-star in Mad Max IV: Maximum Madness.

Hard choice, were I looking for a Supersport. I'd lean a bit toward the Triumph tho, as I like "different" - 'cuz "different" is Good.

trenttheuncatchable 06-12-2009 03:18 PM

The ergos on the Daytona 675 are too uncomfortable for me. Maybe with Helibars. So if I were buying a new bike and were comparing a Triumph 6XX and a Kawi 6XX, it'd be between the Street Triple and the ZX-6R. Not sure which one I'd get.

Kevin_Duke 06-12-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 216137)
Good article, nicely shot and edited video, Fonzie. - Duke; you're really starting to look "comfortable" with a monologue in front of the camera. Still doin' the peepee dance a bit, but overall about 10,000% better than the first time I saw you in a vid. I'd only worry about it if you want a career as the host of The Tonight Show, or were gonna co-star in Mad Max IV: Maximum Madness.

Thanks, 'Hawk! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pee...

seruzawa 06-12-2009 04:03 PM

There's one advantage to a cost cutting method of reducing chatter on downshifts like the Triumph did. It is simple. No mechanical parts to sorry about. Kind of clever actually.

robret 06-12-2009 04:05 PM

i have been a v-twin guy for a very long time. when i first heard that triple growl again. it opened up a flood of memories of 2-stroke triples. the grass is kinda look'n greener over at hinkley.

MaskedRider 06-12-2009 04:13 PM

Excellent match-up. Love the Daytona looks but when I took it for a test ride the ergos were murder at slow speeds. Loved the old big Daytona ergos. New CBR and R6 coming this fall. I'll wait.

The_AirHawk 06-12-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedRider (Post 216153)
Excellent match-up. Love the Daytona looks but when I took it for a test ride the ergos were murder at slow speeds. Loved the old big Daytona ergos. New CBR and R6 coming this fall. I'll wait.

Excellent use of Facts and Data.

Duken4evr 06-12-2009 05:35 PM

Interesting review. Both bikes have strong points, but they are different designs and as a result have different characteristics. Good on Triumph to make a middleweight that is charismatic and different and yet competitive with Japan's best, at a competitive price too, no less.

My pick of these two would the the Daytona. Nothing wrong with the ZX, but the Triumph just looks like it would be more interesting and fun to own and ride over the years.

I would love to see some "675 think" in a liter class sport triple from Triumph. That would be one helluva bike.