Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R vs. Triumph Daytona 675 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/12234-2009-kawasaki-zx-6r-vs-triumph-daytona-675-a.html)

Kenneth_Moore 06-24-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 216979)
Okay, enough with the jokes, then. Real nominees:

1- ZX-14 Concours. Touring comfort and license burning performance at a bargain price.

2- V-Strom1000. Top all around do anything motorcycle at half the price of overrated German problematic bike.

3- Street Triple. You gotta get a ride on this thing. I mean it.

PS. Great signature. Did you recently join the Bull Moose Party?

Damn, I'm with you on 2 of 3. I'd probably go for the VFR as #3.

I read up on Teddy while on vacation, got interested after visiting the Grand Canyon. An awesome dude, liberal, conservative, badass, humanitarian.

sarnali2 06-24-2009 07:18 AM

Brian Kieth plays T.R. to a tee in "The Wind and the Lion" starring Candice Bergan, Sean Connery and of course Brian Kieth with an appearance by John Huston. It's an excellent flick, well cast and well acted. It's based on the kidnapping and ransom of an American woman by an Arab that lead to TR sending the Marines to Triploi, a Sarnali two thumbs up defo keeper

longride 06-24-2009 07:24 AM

They had Uncle Bill playing Teddy?? Crazy.

Kenneth_Moore 06-24-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 216983)

So, didja ever wonder what was really going on with "Mr. French?"

sarnali2 06-24-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 216983)

Brian Kieth is or was an excellent actor, that TV schlock was just beer and cigerette money. In the Wind and the Lion he has the haircut, mustache and spectacles, he has the hand gestures and postulating down, he even looks like the SOB...I swear man he's got him down pat. I've got a lot of respect for the guy as an actor, he was also excellent in The McKenzie Break and a bunch of other movies. Plus he was a decorated ww2 Marine vet, he's another one of those real hero's not some Hollywood tuff guy.

longride 06-24-2009 01:13 PM

I liked him in Nevada Smith, although it was just a supporting role.

Kevin_Duke 06-24-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 216979)
Okay, enough with the jokes, then. Real nominees:

1- ZX-14 Concours. Touring comfort and license burning performance at a bargain price.

2- V-Strom1000. Top all around do anything motorcycle at half the price of overrated German problematic bike.

3- Street Triple. You gotta get a ride on this thing. I mean it.

That's a good list, tho I might nominate the Wee-Strom instead. And if I did that, then I'd also consider the Versys...

seruzawa 06-24-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 217055)
That's a good list, tho I might nominate the Wee-Strom instead. And if I did that, then I'd also consider the Versys...

I'm considering the looong distances I face in Utah two-up on the interstates including some nearly 10,000 ft passes which I think makes the DL1000 a better idea.

That Versys does look sharp though. Then there's the Tiger......